News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Dallas' remaining schedule

Started by Ed Vette, December 19, 2022, 12:23:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed Vette

In the last three games Dallas faces the Eagles, the Titans who are trying to hold off the Jags and then Washington who will be playing for their season. Can the Giants run the table and surprise everyone while taking over second place?
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

Blue Fire

I just dont think we have the WRs to pull this off. we are relying an awful lot on masterful gameplans to keep the other team off balance in our success. And right now we don't even have one really good CB on the field without Adoree. That was a huge loss and a big factor in our downturn of play. If he comes back next week that is a big upgrade in itself.

But to go 3-0 vs Minny, Colts and Philly hmmmm Ed... thats a tall task. Now could Philly rest a bunch of starters in the last game? Maybe. Minny is loaded on offense and while we can mask some deficiencies defensively vs some teams we realllly need Adoree back against them or it might be be like Detroit or the Philly game again.

We are made righteous in Christ through his obedience made complete on the Cross , dying to the flesh and being completely made new through his resurrection.

Likewise we can now put off the former perspective of unholiness and put on his perfect garment of righteousness!

Rambo89

Can't see the Giants running the table as I still don't believe the Eagles will lay down in week 18.
"The Giants will never win a championship with Saquon Barkley" 4/26/18

EDjohnst1981

Quote from: Rambo89 on December 19, 2022, 01:54:06 PMCan't see the Giants running the table as I still don't believe the Eagles will lay down in week 18.

Second half, I reckon they'll pull them. Especially if the Giants are already up.

They will clinch against Dallas this weekend, in my view.

I think Dallas are massively overrated. 1 and done, hopefully.

killarich

Quote from: Ed Vette on December 19, 2022, 12:23:04 PMIn the last three games Dallas faces the Eagles, the Titans who are trying to hold off the Jags and then Washington who will be playing for their season. Can the Giants run the table and surprise everyone while taking over second place?

Don't want it ... rather get in the playoffs and keep the 3rd place schedule for next year

Slugsy-Narrows

Quote from: killarich on December 19, 2022, 02:08:37 PMDon't want it ... rather get in the playoffs and keep the 3rd place schedule for next year

To be the best you gotta beat the best!

Soft reg season schedule and crap out in the playoff against real teams and what does that prove?

andrew_nyGiants

Quote from: Slugsy-Narrows on December 19, 2022, 04:18:01 PMTo be the best you gotta beat the best!

Soft reg season schedule and crap out in the playoff against real teams and what does that prove?
We hardly played a soft schedule. In fact some of our wins were against above average teams.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
From Simms to Eli (with an assist from Hoss) our Super Bowl Quarterbacks. Great defense and clutch QB performances...NY Giants Championship football.

I have an old profile still floating around: andrew_nyg....I am one and the same!

AYM

Quote from: EDjohnst1981 on December 19, 2022, 02:05:43 PMSecond half, I reckon they'll pull them. Especially if the Giants are already up.

They will clinch against Dallas this weekend, in my view.

I think Dallas are massively overrated. 1 and done, hopefully.

They will never, ever lay down against the Giants.

Slugsy-Narrows

Quote from: andrew_nyGiants on December 19, 2022, 04:44:46 PMWe hardly played a soft schedule. In fact some of our wins were against above average teams.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Meaning losing to get 3rd place schedule next year!

killarich

Quote from: Slugsy-Narrows on December 19, 2022, 05:14:59 PMMeaning losing to get 3rd place schedule next year!

I didn't say lose now lol

I just don't see the benefit of jumping from the 6th seed to the 5th seed

I mean if we win out that would mean we absolutely killed it and I would be extremely happy

AYM

Quote from: killarich on December 19, 2022, 05:38:20 PMI didn't say lose now lol

I just don't see the benefit of jumping from the 6th seed to the 5th seed

I mean if we win out that would mean we absolutely killed it and I would be extremely happy

Even if he's a shell of himself, I'd rather not have to play Brady on the road in round 1 of the playoffs.

EDIT: Oops, my logic is backwards. By my logic, you'd rather be the #6 seed to avoid Brady.

umassgrad

Not being able to tackle well or stop the run consistently will keep this team from finishing the season strong.