News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

NGT: Colts bench Ryan for Foles

Started by MightyGiants, December 21, 2022, 12:44:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DaveBrown74

Quote from: uconnjack8 on December 21, 2022, 07:23:55 PMI felt like they were close when they started that pattern but its eroded since. 

I feel they were a good but not great team when they acquired Rivers. They were certainly respectable but were a clear notch or two below the top AFC powers.

EDjohnst1981

I feel the Colts were dealt a very poor hand by Luck, they been playing catch-up ever since.

There was no contingency and it shows.

TDToomer

Quote from: EDjohnst1981 on December 21, 2022, 08:26:59 PMI feel the Colts were dealt a very poor hand by Luck, they been playing catch-up ever since.

They keep choosing bandaids at QB (Rivers, Wentz, Ryan) instead of going all in on a top rookie QB. You can stop blaming Luck now. It's been 4 seasons.
"It's extra special against Dallas. That's absolutely a team I can't stand. I've been hating Dallas ever since I knew anything about football." - Brandon Jacobs

Slugsy-Narrows

Quote from: EDjohnst1981 on December 21, 2022, 08:26:59 PMI feel the Colts were dealt a very poor hand by Luck, they been playing catch-up ever since.

The Colts were dealt a poor hand by Luck?

How so?

Cause he retired early and didn't want to b come a vegetable behind a line that couldn't protect him ever?

The Colts didn't protect him, at the end there he was oft injured!

If anything the Colts dealt Luck a raw deal and ended his career early

AZGiantFan

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on December 21, 2022, 07:40:06 PMI feel they were a good but not great team when they acquired Rivers. They were certainly respectable but were a clear notch or two below the top AFC powers.

Instability in the owner hasn't helped, either.
I'd rather be a disappointed optimist than a vindicated pessimist. 

Not slowing my roll

DaveBrown74

Quote from: AZGiantFan on December 21, 2022, 11:51:12 PMInstability in the owner hasn't helped, either.

I agree. Irsay comes across as a train wreck type who is all over the place. Not a guy I would want in charge of a large organization like an NFL team.

Slugsy-Narrows

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on December 22, 2022, 06:24:26 AMI agree. Irsay comes across as a train wreck type who is all over the place. Not a guy I would want in charge of a large organization like an NFL team.

I've said it before - a good friend of mine is a colts fan!  He truly believes as long as Irsay is owner they will be a joke of a team.