News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

One of those days you can't think straight

Started by Jolly Blue Giant, December 26, 2022, 11:11:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jolly Blue Giant

Just found out a good friend of mine passed away unexpectedly on Christmas morning. He hasn't even turned 50 yet and was a non-smoker, fit guy. I am in shock and it hangs over me like a pall that can't be shaken. I'm just sad and shaken

This picture was taken about 10 years ago. He's standing next to me in the white shirt

Sorry to share my grief on here, but it's the only thing on my mind and I'm shaken to the core
The joke I told yesterday was so funny that,
apparently, HR wants to hear it tomorrow  :laugh:

T200

So sorry for your loss, Ric.

Losing someone close to you is painful enough but it can definitely hit you like a ton of bricks when it's unexpected.

There's no timeline on the grieving process. Just know that you have ear/eyes here for you.
:dance: :Giants:  ALL HAIL THE NEW YORK GIANTS!!!  :Giants: :dance:

Ed Vette

I'm sorry for your loss. Far too young. After all the losses I've had of friends and family, I'm still not quite immune to the grief or shock or empathy.
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

Jolly Blue Giant

Thanks guys. I just ran into him at a store less than a couple weeks ago while Christmas shopping. We yukked it up for a few minutes, did one of those handshake-pull-light-hug goodbyes. He looked great and very fit. A real happy-go-lucky guy. Big sports fan
The joke I told yesterday was so funny that,
apparently, HR wants to hear it tomorrow  :laugh:

ozzie

Oh, that's just awful. I'm sorry for the loss of your friend. For some reason it always seems to hit harder around the holidays. Be happy you got to see him and have a little chat with him one last time.
"I'll probably buy a helmet too because my in-laws are already buying batteries."
— Joe Judge on returning to Philadelphia, his hometown, as a head coach

"...until we start winning games, words are meaningless."
John Mara

LennG

So sorry about the loss of a good friend Ric. It is never a good thing but to happen at this time of year, really puts a damper on the holidays.

Over the past couple of years, I lost several pretty good friends to Covid. No reason to go into detail, as we all know someone who succumbed to Covid, but when it comes so close to you, it is hard.

Glad we can be here for you in some way Ric, so go ahead and speak what's in your heart and mind, we are here to listen and help if we can.
I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss

MightyGiants

I am very sorry, Ric

My deepest condolences.   
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

DaveBrown74

JBG,

I am very sorry for your loss, and I am also feel for the family of your dear friend.