News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Not a bad year for NY Sports Teams

Started by Ed Vette, December 22, 2022, 08:37:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed Vette

Although let's hope the Mets don't set the wildcard example. Imagine winning 101 games and crapping out.
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

Slugsy-Narrows

Quote from: Ed Vette on December 22, 2022, 08:37:34 AMAlthough let's hope the Mets don't set the wildcard example. Imagine winning 101 games and crapping out.

Yet sadly no championships yet from it but it has been exciting

DaveBrown74

Add the Rangers to that list. I wouldn't call it a great "year" to this point, but they're 7-1 in their last eight and have looked more like the team that made it to the Eastern Conf Finals last year than they did a month or so ago.

Rambo89

Mets would have won just about any other division.  It just so happened they played in a division that was loaded at the top. 
"The Giants will never win a championship with Saquon Barkley" 4/26/18

DaveBrown74

Quote from: Rambo89 on December 22, 2022, 12:08:59 PMMets would have won just about any other division.  It just so happened they played in a division that was loaded at the top. 

I agree, although the way they flamed out in September and the injuries and fatigue levels they had with a number of key players left me to believe they weren't winning the title regardless of what division they were in.