News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Came down to four crucial plays

Started by Ed Vette, December 24, 2022, 04:15:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed Vette

The fumble by Bellinger.
The Daniel Jones Interception.
The blocked punt.
Calling an all out blitz that led to a reception and a 61 yard FG.

Exciting game though and very winnable. Some nice Performances. Just fell short after a comeback to tie the game.

These two may face each other again.
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

AP44

Slugsy-Narrows

Convert FGs to TDs and we win!

We need to get in the end zone!!!

MightyGiants

I would add the dropped pass by James on third diwn
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Jclayton92

Quote from: Slugsy-Narrows on December 24, 2022, 04:37:39 PMConvert FGs to TDs and we win!

We need to get in the end zone!!!
Sustaining drives is something this team has been horrible at. We are 28th in net yards per drive and 24th in success rate.

kingm56

Quote from: Ed Vette on December 24, 2022, 04:15:41 PMThe fumble by Bellinger.
The Daniel Jones Interception.
The blocked punt.
Calling an all out blitz that led to a reception and a 61 yard FG.

Exciting game though and very winnable. Some nice Performances. Just fell short after a comeback to tie the game.

These two may face each other again.

Exactly my thoughts, Ed.  So close to a Christmas present. 

Ed Vette

Last year's team would have been shut out and embarrassed. This team fought like hell today.
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

Jclayton92

Quote from: Ed Vette on December 24, 2022, 04:50:40 PMLast year's team would have been shut out and embarrassed. This team fought like hell today.
I agree, I'm not sure we could have hypothetically asked for a better year 1 in a rebuild. Plus even though injuries aren't good we have significant tape on all the depth at most positions to see what they can offer in the future.

MightyGiants

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Ed Vette

Quote from: Jclayton92 on December 24, 2022, 04:52:38 PMI agree, I'm not sure we could have hypothetically asked for a better year 1 in a rebuild. Plus even though injuries aren't good we have significant tape on all the depth at most positions to see what they can offer in the future.
May not have lost if McKinney and Jackson were active. Didn't they also lose Leo in the 4th quarter?
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

Jclayton92

Quote from: Ed Vette on December 24, 2022, 04:58:26 PMMay not have lost if McKinney and Jackson were active. Didn't they also lose Leo in the 4th quarter?
think it was even earlier. Williams in the 3rd and Azeez in the 2nd.

MightyGiants

Quote from: Ed Vette on December 24, 2022, 04:58:26 PMMay not have lost if McKinney and Jackson were active. Didn't they also lose Leo in the 4th quarter?

Williams came back in, but you can tell the injuries are limiting him
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

kingm56

Quote from: Ed Vette on December 24, 2022, 04:50:40 PMLast year's team would have been shut out and embarrassed. This team fought like hell today.

You can see the bricks being laid with Thibs, Lawrence, and Thomas.  We're getting close!

Bill Brown

Carl Bank said yesterday that the fans are looking for a Mercedes but this team doesn't have the right pieces to be that. If a Mercedes are what the top teams are then I see the Giants as a Audi. Last year they were a Yugo! I'm all ready looking forward to next year.

Bill
""The Turk" comes for all of us.  We just don't know when he will knock."

Blue Fire

Quote from: MightyGiants on December 24, 2022, 04:39:04 PMI would add the dropped pass by James on third diwn

5-6 dropped passes especially that one was especially bad

Flott dropped INT didnt help either.

We are made righteous in Christ through his obedience made complete on the Cross , dying to the flesh and being completely made new through his resurrection.

Likewise we can now put off the former perspective of unholiness and put on his perfect garment of righteousness!