News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Preminitions

Started by LennG, December 26, 2022, 11:58:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LennG

Did you ever have a premonition about something, not act/or did act and that premonition come true?

I just read this about the all-time great boxer, Sugar Ray Robinson who was to have a fight against an opponent and had a dream that he knocked him out and killed him. It bothered him to no extent that he had to consult with a priest about it and was encouraged to continue with the fight.

Robinson, in fact, did fight, knocked out his opponent and that man did succumb to his injuries.

http://wafflesatnoon.com/sugar-ray-robinson-dream/
I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss

Jolly Blue Giant

I was coming home late one Saturday night from a party in Binghamton and it was snowing (just a couple of Saturday's ago). I literally said to myself as I drove, "Jenna is going to have an accident one of these days...she's overdue because she drives like Mario Andretti and has no fear and now that the roads are getting bad...I will get a phone call saying she's wrecked her car". It scares me to think of one of my kids being in an accident, especially after losing my oldest son to a car accident. Anyway, the next morning about 10:00, my other daughter Bekah called and was shaken up while informing me that Jenna had been in an accident. Luckily, no one was hurt when she totaled her new car. Now she's actually nervous about driving

Another one: when my son was born, my wife and I walked up the aisle to the front of the church at the end of the service. We laid my son down and we prayed over him and dedicated him to God. On the way home, I told my wife, "God forbid he only has 20 years on earth, but if that is all God gives him, at least he will be in heaven"...which might sound a little morbid to everyone, but that's what we did. We did that with each of our children. 20 years later - almost to the day - his casket sat in the exact same spot in front of the church where we dedicated him to God 20 years earlier. Always made me wonder why I even said twenty years to my wife...who also recalls that conversation

Another situation that wasn't mine, but my girlfriend at the time told me. She was divorced with two teenage children when she told me this story. Anyway, she was a cheerleader at Syracuse University when she married her college sweetheart just after graduation. Her and her husband didn't want to have any children until they were financially set. Anyway, a few years later she got unexpectedly pregnant. Her mother had been begging her to give her a grandchild and couldn't understand why she would hold off. Anyway, she discovered she was pregnant in March, and she decided to tell no one until Mother's Day when she would tell her mother and surprise her. The night before Mother's Day, Jan told me that she woke up and her grandmother and mother appeared at the bottom of her bed and the grandmother said, "don't worry Jan, your mother is with me now". This really shook up Jan to the point that she called her parents at 2:00 in the morning. Her father answered the phone and was obviously very shaken up and told Jan that her mother had just passed away and wanted to know how she knew to call. Just freaky in my opinion

Science can explain the physical, yet no one seems to be able to get to the bottom of metaphysical phenomena. I've heard that we inherit some pieces of memories from our ancestors, and I know of a couple incidences where someone describes a scene perfectly to a grandparent when that person wasn't even alive to see the scene and had never even heard about it before

Scary sometimes in what we see with our own eyes and understand, even scarier about what we don't see or can possibly understand

The joke I told yesterday was so funny that,
apparently, HR wants to hear it tomorrow  :laugh:

Sem

I somehow knew you were going to ask that Len.  ;)

Seriously, I can't say that's ever happened to me but the stories you're both providing are chilling.

A long time ago a dear friend relayed this story to me: She was, in her teens, good friends with twin brothers Paul and Rob, who both were suffering from the same terminal illness. They were both in the hospital and after a couple days Paul passed away. A couple days later my friend went to visit Rob who told her, "I saw Paul earlier today. He told me we'll be together again tonight."  This really freaked her out. Despite not being as close to the end as Paul was Rob quickly and unexpectedly went downhill fast. Later that evening he passed away. Beth told me this story over 40 years ago, and it still gives me the chills.

ozzie

I cannot say anything like that has ever happened to me, but I am a 100% believer that these things do happen.
I also believe that some folks are visited by or have seen spirits. Can't explain it, but certainly believe it.
"I'll probably buy a helmet too because my in-laws are already buying batteries."
— Joe Judge on returning to Philadelphia, his hometown, as a head coach

"...until we start winning games, words are meaningless."
John Mara

DaveBrown74

My Mother used to tell me a story about a recurring dream she had as a teenager. Not much actual action transpired in the dream, although she recalls walking down a street in which there was plenty of visual detail, and she also recalls hearing voices in the dream speaking Italian. She had never left the US in her life at that point.

Years later, she did travel to Rome, and in walking around the city with her Italian friend, they came across what she said was 100%, without a doubt, that exact same street. All of the detail looked the same to her, and since she had had the dream many times, she was able to remember much of this detail.

My Mother is never one who has believed in supernatural things or is even that religious, nor is she the type to make something like that up. But she says without reservation that that did indeed happen. Nothing like that ever happened to her again.

Her only possible explanation (other than it being some sort of past life or supernatural occurrence) is that perhaps she saw that street in some sort of movie or something, and it made an impression on her. She doesn't recall watching any such movie though, and she also said the way she and her friend turned onto the street, and the direction they were heading in as well as the side of the street they were walking on, were precisely the same as in the dream. She doesn't recall if the voices in the dream were her friend however, but they were definitely speaking Italian.

Bizarre stuff.

LennG

Gosh Ric, your stories did send some chills down my spine.

Like Ozzie, I also believe in things like this. It is hard not to when documented things have occurred.

A while back we watched a terrific movie about a little boy who died/didn't die but do go to heaven and saw and met people he knew absolutely nothing about, came back, and related these things to his family.

Absolutely true story  Heaven is for Real    https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1929263/

I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss

Ed Vette

Another dream I had among several. I woke up in the middle of the night upset over a dream where I was saying, "I can't believe Cesar is dead!". Woke Linda up as I was sitting up in bed. He was a friend and my Store Manager in our park Avenue location. I told the dream to another executive and asked if I should say anything to him when we were visiting the store that day. He suggested not to and I agreed. Two weeks later he wound up in the hospital with a massive infection from a colon issue. I visited him every day in NYC until he was put on a ventilator. He died that night.
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

MightyGiants

I was once taking a patient to the hospital when I passed a woman with a walker walking down the street.  For some reason, I thought to myself, "great, there's my next patient."   We no sooner got out of the hospital with that patient when we got a call from town to come back for an aid to injured, woman had fallen.  Sure enough, it was the woman I had passed earlier.
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

LennG

We hate to fly. We do so because we have to get somewhere, but we are never comfortable with it. Maybe because of that, and nerves, I am always imagining the worst thing about flying, a plane crash.

If you had such a thought/dream/premonition, would you cancel the flight, or, just say, Nah, it's nothing?

Charlie Weiss

Ed Vette

Quote from: LennG on December 28, 2022, 06:54:38 PMWe hate to fly. We do so because we have to get somewhere, but we are never comfortable with it. Maybe because of that, and nerves, I am always imagining the worst thing about flying, a plane crash.

If you had such a thought/dream/premonition, would you cancel the flight, or, just say, Nah, it's nothing?
Amtrak
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

ozzie

Quote from: LennG on December 28, 2022, 06:54:38 PMWe hate to fly. We do so because we have to get somewhere, but we are never comfortable with it. Maybe because of that, and nerves, I am always imagining the worst thing about flying, a plane crash.

As I mentioned above, I have never experienced a premonition, but you mention a plane crash Lenn, and it makes me think of Pittsburg Pirates great, Roberto Clemente. If I'm not mistaken, before he boarded the plane that went down and took his life, his son begged him not to get on it, as the son had a premonition of something bad happening to the plane.
"I'll probably buy a helmet too because my in-laws are already buying batteries."
— Joe Judge on returning to Philadelphia, his hometown, as a head coach

"...until we start winning games, words are meaningless."
John Mara

LennG

Charlie Weiss

Ed Vette

Quote from: LennG on December 29, 2022, 06:52:17 PMTo Europe??????????
If it's a compelling premonition then I would put the trip off if that made any sense.
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

LennG

Quote from: Ed Vette on December 29, 2022, 06:56:58 PMIf it's a compelling premonition then I would put the trip off if that made any sense.

Problem is we never know if it is, in fact, a premonition, or just nerves.

Charlie Weiss