News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Do you want to play Minny or SF?

Started by Blue Fire, January 01, 2023, 05:24:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blue Fire

Personally I think we match up with the Vikes much better and we should have Adoree and McKinney back.

Let's hope that Green Bay beats the Vikes today in Lambeau (so far so good there) and that the Niners beat the Raiders(so far so good there as well). A rematch with the Vikings in Minnesota would be sweet. Giants CAN win that game.

We are made righteous in Christ through his obedience made complete on the Cross , dying to the flesh and being completely made new through his resurrection.

Likewise we can now put off the former perspective of unholiness and put on his perfect garment of righteousness!

MightyGiants

I would prefer Minnie, because I am pretty sure the Giants can beat them.   San Fran is looking scary good
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

HondurasGiants

BluesCruz

Minnesota and its not  even close

Let The Eagles and Boys get knocked off by someone else.....a trophy is a trophy
No one remembers who got lost in the playoff battles
Napoleon- "If you have a cannon- USE IT"

kingm56

Quote from: MightyGiants on January 01, 2023, 05:26:34 PMI would prefer Minnie, because I am pretty sure the Giants can beat them.   San Fran is looking scary good

SF has an elite DEF and two elite offensive weapons...

Slugsy-Narrows

Don't care!

Gotta play who you are dealt!

If you can't beat them then you don't deserve to advance!

Ed Vette

"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

AP44

Either. SF looks awful this week. Getting torched by a journeyman QB

kartanoman

Although far from over, the Raiders' are taking it to the 49ers' defense this afternoon. Purdy and McCaffrey are down 10 and need to get in gear. Not sure how many of you are getting this game but it is very entertaining.

More to come.

Peace!

"Dave Jennings was one of the all-time great Giants. He was a valued member of the Giants family for more than 30 years as a player and a broadcaster, and we were thrilled to include him in our Ring of Honor. We will miss him dearly." (John Mara)

T200

As good as San Fran's defense is, I question whether Purdy can handle the pressure of the playoffs. I think Wink can scheme pressure to get to him. With Thibs, Dex, and LWill, I think the Giants can make Purdy uncommon. The key to that offense will be slowing down CMC.

I'm not scared of them.
:dance: :Giants:  ALL HAIL THE NEW YORK GIANTS!!!  :Giants: :dance:

DaveBrown74

Minny and it's not even remotely close.

I'd probably rather play the Eagles than the 49ers, honestly. I know that's not a possibility but the 49ers scare me more than any other team in the NFC.

Minny we practically just beat in their own building. We probably should have. The 49ers are a loaded team, and their new QB may be even better than the one who got hurt.

Gman329

Minnesota, because I think SF is better and because we just played Minny at their place and felt like we could have won.  I think the Giants would be better prepared and more confident. 

AZGiantFan

Vikings are throwing up on themselves against the Pack. 

They blocked a Packer punt and recovered at the Packers 1 yard and at 1st & goal they couldn't punch it in and settled for a FG. 

On the ensuing KO the Pack ran it back for a TD, 7-3. 

A couple of series later the Pack got a pick 6, 14-3. 

On the next series Minny missed a 46 yard FG. 

After the Pack got a FG on their next possession, they got another INT that was run back 26 yards to the GB 40, and the Pack drove it 60 yards for another TD, 24-3. 

And then they missed another 50 yard FG near the end of the half (where were these misses last week?). 

And the Pack drove into FG range with :04 left in the half, 27-3.

I'd rather be a disappointed optimist than a vindicated pessimist. 

Not slowing my roll

Jclayton92

Quote from: T200 on January 01, 2023, 05:56:30 PMAs good as San Fran's defense is, I question whether Purdy can handle the pressure of the playoffs. I think Wink can scheme pressure to get to him. With Thibs, Dex, and LWill, I think the Giants can make Purdy uncommon. The key to that offense will be slowing down CMC.

I'm not scared of them.
with the 49ers it's not the offense it's the defense being 1st in almost every relevant statiscal category.

kartanoman

Meanwhile, back in Sin City, the 49ers march downtown to close to 24-21. Purdy a big strike on 1st and 20, a colorful reverse and a dominating TD run from McCaffrey, 49ers' offense is potent and expects to get Samuel back in a week or two.

Peace!

"Dave Jennings was one of the all-time great Giants. He was a valued member of the Giants family for more than 30 years as a player and a broadcaster, and we were thrilled to include him in our Ring of Honor. We will miss him dearly." (John Mara)