News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Joe Banner says this is the key to the game

Started by MightyGiants, January 21, 2023, 07:55:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MightyGiants

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

MightyGiants

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

MightyGiants

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

MightyGiants

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

uconnjack8

Quote from: MightyGiants on January 21, 2023, 08:31:39 AMhttps://twitter.com/JoeBanner13/status/1616597436914335745

We definitely saw some of that in the last game.  Barkley out of the flat was good for several 1st downs. 

Rambo89

Think running the ball with Barkley is going to be the key.  He has a big game that opens things up in the passing game, controls the clock and keeps the Giants in manageable 3rd downs to stay away from that great Eagles pass rush.
"The Giants will never win a championship with Saquon Barkley" 4/26/18

Bill Brown

Quote from: MightyGiants on January 21, 2023, 08:31:39 AMhttps://twitter.com/JoeBanner13/status/1616597436914335745

I totally agree with Banner. Attack the LBs. DJ runs a minimum of 10 times and lots of screens and quick slants.

Bill
""The Turk" comes for all of us.  We just don't know when he will knock."

andrew_nyGiants

We need to be an early down passing team today. This may sound crazy, but using the pass to set up the run and then running it down their throat with the lead in the 2nd half is the recipe for the win.
IMHO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
From Simms to Eli (with an assist from Hoss) our Super Bowl Quarterbacks. Great defense and clutch QB performances...NY Giants Championship football.

I have an old profile still floating around: andrew_nyg....I am one and the same!

Bob In PA

Quote from: Billbrown on January 21, 2023, 08:43:36 AMI totally agree with Banner. Attack the LBs. DJ runs a minimum of 10 times and lots of screens and quick slants.

Bill
Bill: I agree in part. IMO the biggest mistake they can make is trying to be something they are not. No screens.

Eagles are too good at sniffing them out. I don't see Jones/Saquon/OL as being particularly good at running screens either.

Slants, yes. Attack the LB's and run Jones a lot. Banner's answer is theoretically be correct, but not practical.

Bob

If Jeff Hostetler could do it, Daniel Jones can do it !!!

sxdxca38

To me one of the biggest keys to this game is the battle between Evan Neal OT and LB Hasson Reddick.

If the Giants are going to have a chance Neal has got to give DJ time to find the open receiver, or it is going to be a long day.

MightyGiants

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Bob In PA

Quote from: sxdxca38 on January 21, 2023, 02:28:07 PMTo me one of the biggest keys to this game is the battle between Evan Neal OT and LB Hasson Reddick.

If the Giants are going to have a chance Neal has got to give DJ time to find the open receiver, or it is going to be a long day.

Curiously, IMO, the identical confrontation on the other side of the ball will probably also prove to be crucial.

I mean Eagles injured RT Lane Johnson against our injured OLB and "probably-still-best-pass-rusher" Azeez Ojulari.

Both have injuries which IMO are likely to re-appear and play a part in the outcome of that match-up.

Bob

If Jeff Hostetler could do it, Daniel Jones can do it !!!

Trench

Protecting Daniel Jones not with there is one and only one key to the game - turnovers!!!!!!!