News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

NGT: Can the Cowboys be a contender with Dak Prescott as their QB?

Started by MightyGiants, January 23, 2023, 09:57:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MightyGiants

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

uconnjack8

Quote from: MightyGiants on January 23, 2023, 02:54:58 PMInteresting Tweet from the Official Dallas Cowboy account

https://twitter.com/dallascowboys/status/1617383701226176512

Pretty ridiculous if that is the official twitter handle for the franchise.  Zero class.

Quote from: MightyGiants on January 23, 2023, 03:01:56 PMhttps://twitter.com/RealTannenbaum/status/1617612147353346048

I don't understand what this tweet is saying.  Is there a good time for INTs?

TONKA56

MightyGiants

Quote from: uconnjack8 on January 23, 2023, 04:45:32 PMPretty ridiculous if that is the official twitter handle for the franchise.  Zero class.

I don't understand what this tweet is saying.  Is there a good time for INTs?

I think Mike's point was INTs are less acceptable when you are tied or ahead.  This is in contrast to throwing INTs while playing catch up.
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

AYM

If the Cowboys' official twitter (read: Jerry Jones) is slamming Prescott, then who knows which way Dallas might go this offseason.

They might even be tempted to take a QB in the first round if they've decided it's not happening with Prescott.

MightyGiants

Quote from: AYM on January 23, 2023, 05:26:50 PMIf the Cowboys' official twitter (read: Jerry Jones) is slamming Prescott, then who knows which way Dallas might go this offseason.

They might even be tempted to take a QB in the first round if they've decided it's not happening with Prescott.

Salary cap wise, Dallas Cowboys are stuck with Dak at least for next season.
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Jolly Blue Giant

Remember when DJ was called a bust for interceptions and turnovers? Well this season (plus post season), Josh Allen has the most with 19 followed by Prescott with 17 interceptions. DJ's worst season was when he was a rookie throwing 12 interceptions, then in 2020 he had 10, etc. This past season he threw 5 interceptions. Admittedly, he also had 6 fumbles compared to Zak's 4, but DJ has been sacked (45 times) more than twice the rate of Dak (16 times)

I understand that good QBs throw interceptions and all interceptions are not equal, nor is the QB to blame at times...like when the receiver volley balls it, or gets hit on the numbers, but spills it, etc., but just imagine the screaming we would be hearing if DJ threw 17 interceptions this season

Not that it matters to the Giants in the grand scheme of things, but I post this to back up my comment on Prescott early on this thread when I said I thought he was "overrated". Likewise, I think DJ is "underrated" because not only has he cleaned up the turnovers, but he has pinpoint accuracy on almost all of his throws (when he has time) and can run like a friggin deer. He just needs a better o-line and a better offensive supporting cast
The joke I told yesterday was so funny that,
apparently, HR wants to hear it tomorrow  :laugh:

MightyGiants

Quote from: Jolly Blue Giant on January 23, 2023, 06:05:51 PMRemember when DJ was called a bust for interceptions and turnovers? Well this season (plus post season), Josh Allen has the most with 19 followed by Prescott with 17 interceptions. DJ's worst season was when he was a rookie throwing 12 interceptions, then in 2020 he had 10, etc. This past season he threw 5 interceptions. Admittedly, he also had 6 fumbles compared to Zak's 4, but DJ has been sacked (45 times) more than twice the rate of Dak (16 times)

I understand that good QBs throw interceptions and all interceptions are not equal, nor is the QB to blame at times...like when the receiver volley balls it, or gets hit on the numbers, but spills it, etc., but just imagine the screaming we would be hearing if DJ threw 17 interceptions this season

Not that it matters to the Giants in the grand scheme of things, but I post this to back up my comment on Prescott early on this thread when I said I thought he was "overrated". Likewise, I think DJ is "underrated" because not only has he cleaned up the turnovers, but he has pinpoint accuracy on almost all of his throws (when he has time) and can run like a friggin deer. He just needs a better o-line and a better offensive supporting cast

Ric,

This is a very good breakdown.
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Painter

Apparently, a question of less interest yet of hardly less relevance to Giants fans here  is Prescott's current 9-game winning streak against the team which we are thought to care most about?

But perhaps, there is a strategy behind the so called, "twidicule" of Prescott in which it might encourage Jerrah to ditch him. We can't overlook the fact that the one and only time Giants did beat the Cows in the past 6 years was when Andy Dalton was the starter. Mmm!  :crazy:

Cheers!   

GordonGekko80

The Cowgirls essentially did what we are discussing all along:

1. Extending their Star RB for crazy numbers
2. Franchise Tagging their 1st String QB to then extend him at crazy Cap Numbers

Those are the lessons to be learned here. We could definitely end up in the same boat as them in a few years time. 

Symphony Steve

I'm convinced that Dak got the huge extension b/c Jerrah drafted him in the 4th Round, and just wanted to rub everyone's noses in the fact that he was so much smarter than they were.

Hubris, thy name is Jerry Jones.

MightyGiants

Quote from: Symphony Steve on January 24, 2023, 08:12:06 AMI'm convinced that Dak got the huge extension b/c Jerrah drafted him in the 4th Round, and just wanted to rub everyone's noses in the fact that he was so much smarter than they were.

Hubris, thy name is Jerry Jones.

Welcome aboard, Steve.   :greetings:    I think you could have a point.  I think Jerrah's son's efforts to keep his father in check is the main reason the Cowboys are pretty talented.
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Woody

Simple, like I have said before, Dak does not win big games...decent numbers thru season but when it really counts he goes away. Good QB not great

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk