News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Movie Quotes

Started by LennG, January 30, 2023, 12:01:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LennG

Myself and Jim have done this for several years now but not in quite a while so here's the deal

Here are several 'almost famous', to pretty famous, and if you ever watched movies you have to know--lines from movies, and try and identify them.

1----"You may call me Captain"

2---"Who's On First " (Yeah you know the routine but what movie was it in first?

3--- "Never apologize, mister. It's a sign of weakness."

4----"A boy's best friend is his mother."

5----"I don't have to tell you the story. You all know it. Only two kinds of people are gonna stay on this beach: those that are already dead and those that are gonna die. Now get off your butts. You guys are the Fighting 29th."

6----"They're heeeeere."

7---"I guess you guys aren't ready for that yet, but your kids are gonna love it."

8--- "Game over, man."

9---"As long as you're talking, you're not listening

10---"It's not a man purse. It's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one."
I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss

Jolly Blue Giant

Quote from: LennG on January 30, 2023, 12:01:40 PMMyself and Jim have done this for several years now but not in quite a while so here's the deal

Here are several 'almost famous', to pretty famous, and if you ever watched movies you have to know--lines from movies, and try and identify them.

1----"You may call me Captain"

2---"Who's On First " (Yeah you know the routine but what movie was it in first?

4----"A boy's best friend is his mother."

5----"I don't have to tell you the story. You all know it. Only two kinds of people are gonna stay on this beach: those that are already dead and those that are gonna die. Now get off your butts. You guys are the Fighting 29th."

6----"They're heeeeere."

7---"I guess you guys aren't ready for that yet, but your kids are gonna love it." Back to the Future

8--- "Game over, man."

9---"As long as you're talking, you're not listening

10---"It's not a man purse. It's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one." Hangover
The joke I told yesterday was so funny that,
apparently, HR wants to hear it tomorrow  :laugh:

Jolly Blue Giant

I like this game, but I don't watch old movies and the classics so I'm not good at it. I'll put a few up for those who watch newer movies (60's-present). Maybe some others will join in.

"Well, I'll be honest with you, I could sure use a good ass kicking...mmm...nah, I think I'll just go with the two hundred"

"People get shot all the time"
"No they don't, they mostly get paper cuts"
"Well, I mostly get shot"

"Well, let's see what the man is selling...then we'll shoot him"

"You Guys Are Getting Paid?"

"Think about it, you're in college. The window of opportunity to drink and do drugs and take advantage of young girls is getting smaller by the day."

"When a man sticks a gun in your face, you got two choices: you can die, or you can kill the motherf..."

"That's a pretty good milkshake. Don't know if it's worth five dollars, but it's pretty f...g good"

"I had another Liam Neeson nightmare, I kidnapped his daughter and he wasn't having it. They made three of them. At some point you just have to wonder if he's a bad parent"

"Mister, I love the way you wear that hat"
"You don't know nuthin"

T200

From Len's list:

6----"They're heeeeere." - Poltergeist

From Jolly's list:

"That's a pretty good milkshake. Don't know if it's worth five dollars, but it's pretty f...g good" - Pulp Fiction

Just an FYI... Pulp Fiction is easily one of my favorite movies. I'm pretty confident I'll recognize a line from that movie.
:dance: :Giants:  ALL HAIL THE NEW YORK GIANTS!!!  :Giants: :dance:

ozzie

Quote from: LennG on January 30, 2023, 12:01:40 PMMyself and Jim have done this for several years now but not in quite a while so here's the deal

1----"You may call me Captain" - Sound of Music

4----"A boy's best friend is his mother." - Psycho

6----"They're heeeeere."

7---"I guess you guys aren't ready for that yet, but your kids are gonna love it."

8--- "Game over, man."

9---"As long as you're talking, you're not listening - Creed

10---"It's not a man purse. It's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one."
"I'll probably buy a helmet too because my in-laws are already buying batteries."
— Joe Judge on returning to Philadelphia, his hometown, as a head coach

"...until we start winning games, words are meaningless."
John Mara

LennG

Its late Ric, I'll get to some of yours tomorrow. :yes:  :yes:  :yes:  :yes:
I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss

LennG

Quote from: Jolly Blue Giant on January 30, 2023, 01:48:27 PMI like this game, but I don't watch old movies and the classics so I'm not good at it. I'll put a few up for those who watch newer movies (60's-present). Maybe some others will join in.

"Well, I'll be honest with you, I could sure use a good ass kicking...mmm...nah, I think I'll just go with the two hundred"-My Cousin Vinnie

"Well, let's see what the man is selling...then we'll shoot him"---Second Hand Lions

"You Guys Are Getting Paid?"--
"Think about it, you're in college. The window of opportunity to drink and do drugs and take advantage of young girls is getting smaller by the day."

"When a man sticks a gun in your face, you got two choices: you can die, or you can kill the motherf..."

"That's a pretty good milkshake. Don't know if it's worth five dollars, but it's pretty f...g good"--Pulp Fiction

"I had another Liam Neeson nightmare, I kidnapped his daughter and he wasn't having it. They made three of them. At some point you just have to wonder if he's a bad parent"

"Mister, I love the way you wear that hat"            Deliverence
"You don't know nuthin"

Sorry, I didn't get to this sooner, really I forgot.

So I put in the ones believe I know. Others, probably from movies I have never seen or have seen and just wanted to forget.

Charlie Weiss

LennG

1----"You may call me Captain"   Sound of Music

2---"Who's On First " (Yeah you know the routine but what movie was it in first?  (1945)

3--- "Never apologize, mister. It's a sign of weakness."   (1049)

4----"A boy's best friend is his mother."   Pyscho

5----"I don't have to tell you the story. You all know it. Only two kinds of people are gonna stay on this beach: those that are already dead and those that are gonna die. Now get off your butts. You guys are the Fighting 29th." (1962)

6----"They're heeeeere."  Poltergist

7---"I guess you guys aren't ready for that yet, but your kids are gonna love it."   Back To The Future

8--- "Game over, man."  (1986)

9---"As long as you're talking, you're not listening    Creed

10---"It's not a man purse. It's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one."    The Hangover

These are what we have so far. I think a couple of the others are easy but if no one wants to give it a shot in a couple of days I'll supply the answers.
I've included the year of the movie if that might help anyone.

Jim where are you?

Charlie Weiss

Jolly Blue Giant

Updated with answers so far (younger guys should be able to get these with ease  :-?? ... where are you?)

Quote from: Jolly Blue Giant on January 30, 2023, 01:48:27 PMI like this game, but I don't watch old movies and the classics so I'm not good at it. I'll put a few up for those who watch newer movies (60's-present). Maybe some others will join in.

"Well, I'll be honest with you, I could sure use a good ass kicking...mmm...nah, I think I'll just go with the two hundred" My Cousin Vinnie (Lenn)

"Well, let's see what the man is selling...then we'll shoot him" Second Hand Lions (Lenn)

"You Guys Are Getting Paid?"

"That's a pretty good milkshake. Don't know if it's worth five dollars, but it's pretty f...g good" Pulp Fiction (Tim)

"Mister, I love the way you wear that hat"
"You don't know nuthin"                      Deliverance (Lenn)

LennG

Ric

To be honest, I did google some of the ones I didn't know, and really, except for one of the movies I don't think I have seen the others. I don't want to cheat and just put up a movie that I googled.

Not to play spoiler, but I am not a big fan of superhero movies, and usually, avoid them except for Superman or Batman. I even tried the latest Spiderman movie, and I turned it off not even halfway thru.
Some of the others, I might enjoy but for me, I am simply not into the Dumb and Dumber type of movies, as funny as some think they are, just isn't my cup of tea. I did see the Jennifer Aniston one but would never know a quote from it. Funny, I usually like her but the other day I saw a movie with her in a dramatic part, sleeping with someone, getting caught, and then blackmail, and again, I just could not get into it at all and why waste time on something I just do not enjoy.

Keep them coming though, I love to at least try.

Charlie Weiss

Jolly Blue Giant

Quote from: LennG on February 06, 2023, 02:46:58 PMRic

To be honest, I did google some of the ones I didn't know, and really, except for one of the movies I don't think I have seen the others. I don't want to cheat and just put up a movie that I googled.

Not to play spoiler, but I am not a big fan of superhero movies, and usually, avoid them except for Superman or Batman. I even tried the latest Spiderman movie, and I turned it off not even halfway thru.
Some of the others, I might enjoy but for me, I am simply not into the Dumb and Dumber type of movies, as funny as some think they are, just isn't my cup of tea. I did see the Jennifer Aniston one but would never know a quote from it. Funny, I usually like her but the other day I saw a movie with her in a dramatic part, sleeping with someone, getting caught, and then blackmail, and again, I just could not get into it at all and why waste time on something I just do not enjoy.

Keep them coming though, I love to at least try.

There is one that is a spoof on superheroes, but none of the regular superhero stuff or I would have added, "I am Groot", or "I got beat up in that alley, and that parking lot, and that...", but that'd be too easy. A couple of comedies, a couple of thrillers, a drama or two, but no DC comic heroes. One of them is Marvel, but as a spoof though