News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

POLL Which upgrade will have the biggest impact?

Started by MightyGiants, January 31, 2023, 08:32:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Which positional upgrade would have the biggest impact on improving the team

MightyGiants

Which position would create the biggest impact in terms of upgrading the Giants roster?
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Ed Vette

The weakest link is ILB. It's a problem in Run and Pass Protection.
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

MightyGiants

Quote from: Ed Vette on January 31, 2023, 08:36:16 AMThe weakest link is ILB. It's a problem in Run and Pass Protection.

I am torn between ILB and WR #1, as both are issues that kept their respective sides of the ball from achieving what they needed to achieve. 
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

uconnjack8

Quote from: Ed Vette on January 31, 2023, 08:36:16 AMThe weakest link is ILB. It's a problem in Run and Pass Protection.

Ed,

I agree that the biggest weakness is ILB, but I voted for WR as potential for biggest impact.  I think having a true #1 could vault the offense from the middle (they were 16th in points/game) to a fringe top 10 offense. 

The defense could see a similar boost with an ILB, but I think if the Giants put a few more points on the board that would also help the defense. 

To some extent I think it's splitting hairs because I see a big need for both.

Rambo89

This is a really tough call.  I went with LBer but can easily see an argument for WR or Center even D-Line depth as we saw what a difference the Giants defense was with just Strahan vs when they added Osi, Tuck and Kiwanuka.
"The Giants will never win a championship with Saquon Barkley" 4/26/18

beaugestus

IMO, the OL is the most in need of an upgrade. Watching the Eagles this season I have become more convinced and envious. In the SF game once the Birds got rolling against a good SF defense with their running game, it was over.

Looking at the Gmen's OL we have Gates: I would prefer not having to count on him with the injury he had.

Ezeudu:  He flashed at times, but we don't know if he is an answer at G.

Bredeson: Acquired from Baltimore who drafted him in the 4th round in 2020 for a 22 4th round pick, with the Giants also receiving their 5th round pick in 22 and a 7th rounder in 24, it didn't look like the Ravens didn't have him in their plans.

Feliciano: IMHO the weakest link in the OL.

Glowinski: Looking at his career he was used as a stop gap player until they found someone better.

Lemieux: I was very high on him, but the last 2 years he hasn't been available to play.

Neal: He has had a rocky season partly due to some injury concerns. He has a good attitude and from what I read a hard worker.

Throw in Peart who has not lived up to expectations and assorted FA pickups who don't look like there is a future in the NFL.

As I was writing this reply it really hit me how they have a lot of work to do on this unit.

MightyGiants

@beaugestus technically, we don't have Gates or Feliciano as they are both UFAs.  So the Giants would have to re-sign them to bring them back.
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

sooners56

I voted for a #1 WR with the caveat that Barkley is resigned. Having defenses having to be worried about Jones running, Barkley running/catching and a very capable #1 WR would improve the offense tremendously. If Barkley is not resigned a #1 WR becomes less valuable than center and ILB imo.
Ain't nothing to it but to do it!

Ed Vette

Tee Higgins and Ja'Marr Chase will be watching the SB at home just like Slayton and James.
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

TONKA56

I voted ILB. Biggest weakness in our defense. 

sooners56

Quote from: Ed Vette on January 31, 2023, 01:57:21 PMTee Higgins and Ja'Marr Chase will be watching the SB at home just like Slayton and James.

We can do that position by position but is it telling that 2 of the better Oline are going to the Super Bowl?
Ain't nothing to it but to do it!

True Blue

ILB, biggest liability of the options, although both our centers are pending FAs

MagicRat

I'm the lone voice for a CB, with the proviso Wink is still here, Ojulari is healthy, Leo stays healthy, Dexy continues to develop and Thibs becomes the beast he has the potential to be.

A shut down secondary would let that front pin back their ears and go hunt.

Then we're looking at an inside 'backer.
Smell my cheese you mother!