News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Giants have met with Saquan's reps but not DJ's

Started by MightyGiants, February 01, 2023, 12:28:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

coggs

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on February 05, 2023, 07:54:14 AMThe idea that either of these players, neither of whom has ever played on anything other than a rookie contract, is going to take significantly less than what they're worth in the open market, all to remain on a middle of the road team in one of the highest tax/highest cost of living states in the country, sounds like pure fiction to me. Just because a player says "I want to remain a Giant" doesn't mean he's going to agree to work his ass off and risk his physical well being for a big discount. I think this is purely a fan fantasy and not reality.
100%.  For Barkley, this is likely his LAST chance to hit it big and the next few years will be the most money he makes in any year for the rest of his life.  He has a chance to set up his family for generations.  He should not leave a nickel on the table.  Jones, is different in that he likely has this and probably 1 additional big contract coming his way.  However, he knows, his agent knows, with the way he plays that could easily change as well. 

PSUBeirut

Quote from: Ed Vette on February 03, 2023, 02:27:28 PMIt doesn't say that. This post was two weeks before the bye week. It says they will either-or. Didn't claim they were negotiating. It's an opinion. They still may tag him. Doesn't matter because most of the posts on this thread are opinions.

Agree.  It just comes off as petty and unwarranted.  Put personal/past behind and just discuss the issues.