News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

NGT: Congratulations Andy Reid

Started by True Blue, February 13, 2023, 09:57:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

True Blue

Idk about everyone else, but the fact Reid was the coach to beat this Eagles team makes it a little better for me.

He is a great coach, a fantastic offensive mind, and deserves the win. Enjoy your burger big guy you earned it!!

I'll always respect and appreciate Reid. Hell of a game yesterday.

:cheers:  :boldblue:  :dance:

Hadron

MightyGiants

Andy Reid is a coach who is easy to root for
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

B1GBLUE

Quote from: MightyGiants on February 13, 2023, 10:03:06 AMAndy Reid is a coach who is easy to root for

Especially since he is not with the eagles anymore. makes it even sweeter he beat his old team.

uconnjack8

Andy Reid showing up to the Super Bowl

Bob In PA

Quote from: MightyGiants on February 13, 2023, 10:03:06 AMAndy Reid is a coach who is easy to root for

Rich: Gotta tell you, as a guy who knows a lot of avid Eagles fans, Eagles fans didn't want him when they had him because he "refused to run the ball."  LOL 
If Jeff Hostetler could do it, Daniel Jones can do it !!!

Rambo89

Future HOFer who is behind Belichick as the 2nd best coach of this generation.
"The Giants will never win a championship with Saquon Barkley" 4/26/18

True Blue

They never should have gotten rid of him. Perhaps they felt they needed a change, and I guess they did get one. But idk he is way better than anyone they have had since

beaugestus

I have admired Reid even when he coached the Eagles, his players always came to play. Like it's been said here he is easy to root for.

uconnjack8

They ran the ball and he even got the clock management correct in this one.

kartanoman

The one observation which deserves mention is that Reid is a (large) branch of the Bill Walsh head coaching tree which is considered by many to be one of the most successful in NFL history. If it weren't for Paul Brown undermining Walsh's head coaching aspirations in the 1970s, we could make the claim that Reid is in the direct lineage dating back to Brown himself.

In an indirect way, a comparable case could be made for Parcells' lineage to Vince Lombardi. That is why it is important to cite the overall success of the coaching trees of Walsh, Parcells and even Marty Schottenheimer.

Coaching trees of Walsh Parcells and Schottenheimer

Peace!

"Dave Jennings was one of the all-time great Giants. He was a valued member of the Giants family for more than 30 years as a player and a broadcaster, and we were thrilled to include him in our Ring of Honor. We will miss him dearly." (John Mara)

killarich

I'm happy that he is a HOF coach , that may most likely now be known as the CHIEFS coach when he goes in

Eagles org deserves nothing

Bob In PA

Quote from: uconnjack8 on February 13, 2023, 11:52:05 AMThey ran the ball and he even got the clock management correct in this one.
uconn: As you also well know, that was the other thing the fans didn't like.

I'm not sure which reason was more often expressed (or loudest LOL), but if I had to guess I'd say it was yours.

To be fair, in a few games early in his career his clock management bordered on atrocious.

Bob
If Jeff Hostetler could do it, Daniel Jones can do it !!!

expatriot

Reid was an Iggle so I fart in his general direction

True Blue

Quote from: expatriot on February 14, 2023, 05:25:49 PMReid was an Iggle so I fart in his general direction

Reid is the one who should be an exception