News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

NGT: Breaking news: Jalen Carter Arrest warrants issued

Started by brownelvis54, March 01, 2023, 11:58:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

brownelvis54

Georgia coach Kirby Smart has released a statement following the news that an arrest warrant for Jalen Carter has been issued for reckless driving and racing charges, both misdemeanors, on the night of Jan. 15.

"The charges today are deeply concerning, especially as we struggle to cope with the devastating loss of two beloved members of our community," Smart said in a statement released by the school. "We will continue to cooperate fully with the authorities while supporting these families and assessing what we can learn from this horrible tragedy."

https://www.dawgnation.com/football/kirby-smart-jalen-carter-arrest/TWCEUKGEUBGJDLDJJ77GZOCQSE/
The KING is in the building

Jolly Blue Giant

The joke I told yesterday was so funny that,
apparently, HR wants to hear it tomorrow  :laugh:

MightyGiants

I looked it up; both of these charges can result in up to a year in jail, although it sounds like that level of punishment is uncommon. 

If he does get jail time, I could see the Judge allowing it to be served during the off-season
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

brownelvis54

What's going on with Georgia? Didn't their quarterback get in trouble a few months ago too?

MightyGiants

Quote from: brownelvis54 on March 01, 2023, 12:22:27 PMWhat's going on with Georgia? Didn't their quarterback get in trouble a few months ago too?

My guess-  You have young men with money in their pockets (thanks to NIL) and little oversight.   The police in many of those college towns look the other way for all but the worse offenses.
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Rosehill Jimmy

Quote from: MightyGiants on March 01, 2023, 12:19:05 PMI looked it up; both of these charges can result in up to a year in jail, although it sounds like that level of punishment is uncommon. 

If he does get jail time, I could see the Judge allowing it to be served during the off-season

Apparently the charges are classified as misdemeanors which don't usually result in jail time.  However, it remains to be seen whether the notoriety surrounding the case and the outcome (2 fatalities) alter the court decision in anyway
"It is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing"

Philosophers

If he fell to the Giants I'd take him in a heartbeat.  Typical youthful mistake not bad character like beating a woman.  Even if he lost time in 1st year, I'd grab him.  He's really good.

MightyGiants

Quote from: Rosehill Jimmy on March 01, 2023, 01:54:40 PMApparently the charges are classified as misdemeanors which don't usually result in jail time.  However, it remains to be seen whether the notoriety surrounding the case and the outcome (2 fatalities) alter the court decision in anyway

That is exactly what I was thinking.
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

brownelvis54

Quote from: Philosophers on March 01, 2023, 02:09:04 PMIf he fell to the Giants I'd take him in a heartbeat.  Typical youthful mistake not bad character like beating a woman.  Even if he lost time in 1st year, I'd grab him.  He's really good.

Can you imagine  Lawrence, Williams, Tibox, Azeez Ojulari  and Carter on the field at the same time !

H-Town G-Fan

Quote from: Philosophers on March 01, 2023, 02:09:04 PMIf he fell to the Giants I'd take him in a heartbeat.  Typical youthful mistake not bad character like beating a woman.  Even if he lost time in 1st year, I'd grab him.  He's really good.

Drunkenly racing cars through town in the middle of the night resulting in the death of two people then fleeing the scene and lying about it is a "typical youthful mistake"?  I'm willing to be open-minded about some of the insults hurled at America's youth, but this is pretty reckless behavior (that had dire consequences) that I can't handwave away.

Shoelessjoe

Quote from: brownelvis54 on March 01, 2023, 12:22:27 PMWhat's going on with Georgia? Didn't their quarterback get in trouble a few months ago too?

DeAndre Baker then their QB is in trouble, and now Jalen Carter. Yes, what is going on with them. My guess is that after the Baker incident the Giants will be gun shy and will not pull the trigger with on Carter if they get the chance.

LennG

In this day and age, he will never fall to where the Giants pick. Many think he could be first off the board, so now maybe he'll be 5th. Teams will NOT bypass a talent like this because of this, and it is still a misdemeanor.
I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss

Philosophers

Quote from: H-Town G-Fan on March 01, 2023, 03:19:58 PMDrunkenly racing cars through town in the middle of the night resulting in the death of two people then fleeing the scene and lying about it is a "typical youthful mistake"?  I'm willing to be open-minded about some of the insults hurled at America's youth, but this is pretty reckless behavior (that had dire consequences) that I can't handwave away.

Kids do crap like that all the time but the only part that is the outlier is the death of the students.  That is reckless for sure but kids are reckless.  It's different than a character issue like Joe Mixon beating up a girl.