News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Worst Baseball Ump Ever

Started by Jolly Blue Giant, March 12, 2023, 01:55:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jolly Blue Giant

The joke I told yesterday was so funny that,
apparently, HR wants to hear it tomorrow  :laugh:

Ed Vette

Seems like he was pissed at the player. I have a lot of respect for umpires because I umpired a game once. Once... lol
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

Jolly Blue Giant

Quote from: Ed Vette on March 12, 2023, 02:09:04 PMSeems like he was pissed at the player. I have a lot of respect for umpires because I umpired a game once. Once... lol

Apparently, not everyone thought it was even close to being an unbiased, competent call, as the long time college ump was suspended indefinitely, announced by the Southland Conference. Some speculate that the ump just wanted the game to be over, so he could go home

It's never good when an umpire decides to use his position to decide the outcome of a game, or to use it to punish someone he doesn't like. This umpire was clearly over exerting his power. If he was angry at the batter, he should have given him a warning or thrown him out of the game. Not call him out on bogus strikes that a blind man could see it was off the plate by three feet and in the ground
The joke I told yesterday was so funny that,
apparently, HR wants to hear it tomorrow  :laugh:

Ed Vette

Quote from: Jolly Blue Giant on March 12, 2023, 02:18:37 PMApparently, not everyone thought it was even close to being an unbiased, competent call, as the long time college ump was suspended indefinitely, announced by the Southland Conference. Some speculate that the ump just wanted the game to be over, so he could go home

It's never good when an umpire decides to use his position to decide the outcome of a game, or to use it to punish someone he doesn't like. This umpire was clearly over exerting his power. If he was angry at the batter, he should have given him a warning or thrown him out of the game. Not call him out on bogus strikes that a blind man could see it was off the plate by three feet and in the ground
I don't disagree. My tongue in cheek comment was illustrating I was a lousy umpire.
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin