News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

rat population in New York City grew by 800%

Started by brownelvis54, March 19, 2023, 02:39:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

brownelvis54

Damn....

How the rat population in New York City grew by 800% and infested the city in less than 65 years

https://news.yahoo.com/rat-population-york-city-grew-143000754.html?fr=sycsrp_catchall
The KING is in the building

Jolly Blue Giant

Quote from: brownelvis54 on March 19, 2023, 02:39:44 PMDamn....

How the rat population in New York City grew by 800% and infested the city in less than 65 years

https://news.yahoo.com/rat-population-york-city-grew-143000754.html?fr=sycsrp_catchall

Resilient little suckers! Plus, their fecundity rate is such that they can multiply faster than their population can be reduced. Many states have the same problem with wild hogs. A female hog can start having litters at 7-months old and have litters of 12 or more three times a year. And pythons in Florida, feral chickens in Hawaii, insects like the Spotted Lanternfly, Gypsie moths, and don't forget parasites in the waters like lampreys and deadly Protozoan Parasites, etc. Anyone whose job entails getting a handle on critters with such high fecundity rates must spend a lot of time in complete frustration because it's an impossible job and every day, it's a little bit worse, no matter the amount of thinking, planning, and employing tactics to win. You are always going to lose

Remember the movie "Willard"? Rats do not make good pets and/or friends, LOL

Rats are creepy and disgusting. Wild boars will tear your legs apart and more if he's irritated with you. Pythons will eat your dog and hug you to death, and parasites will eat your brain. It's a crazy world we live in, and we share it with all kinds of critters ready to stake down their dominion on us
The joke I told yesterday was so funny that,
apparently, HR wants to hear it tomorrow  :laugh:

DaveBrown74

I am a New Yorker, and I would be lying if I said I don't occasionally see rats. The last time I saw one was more or less in broad daylight in Central Park near the reservoir, although that was a good 6-8 months ago. I know they're everywhere though. They're definitely repulsive.

Nothing creeps me out more than roaches though. Specifically, the American cockroach, also known as waterbugs and palmetto bugs. I have a real issue with those. My wife and I have gone to great extremes to seal up literally every tiny crack and crevice in our place, and thankfully we almost never see them these days, but once in a blue moon one gets up through the drain, and it's always very off-putting. I have a friend who woke up in the middle of the night one night with one of those things crawling on his forehead. You would have to pay me a seriously insane amount of money to be willing to have that experience myself.