News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

To date- what has been your favorite and least favorite move (or non-move)

Started by MightyGiants, March 29, 2023, 02:36:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MightyGiants

To date, what has been your favorite move (or non-move) made by the Giants?

To date, what has been your least favorite move (or non-move) made by the Giants?
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Jolly Blue Giant

Easy

Favorite: Locking up Daniel Jones (runner up, Getting Waller)
Least favorite: Letting Love walk (runner up, not signing James)
The joke I told yesterday was so funny that,
apparently, HR wants to hear it tomorrow  :laugh:

Philosophers

Favorites are signing Waller and Campbell and re-signing Ward.  The first two can be difference makers if they are healthy and latter continues depth and string play.

No leasts.

Bob In PA

Well, Jolly... sorry, but my favorite move was letting Love go.

IMO it shows (1) when the chips are down Schoen won't fold; (2) Schoen isn't afraid to do his job "right" (in his view); and (3) the owners will let Schoen do his job.

It was a TOUGH decision. I really do like the man, but IMO Julian (as a player) is/was marginal for a Super Bowl team.

Bob
If Jeff Hostetler could do it, Daniel Jones can do it !!!

Jclayton92

I'm not sure you can call any move great or bad until games start being played so we have tangible results and stats to go off of but here are the two most disappointing things to me so far in the Schoen Era.

Not moving Saquan at the deadline because it caused a ripple effect that we are still dealing with now.

Not signing Moreau/Love and instead trying to hit the same jackpot with replacement players.

Bob In PA

Quote from: Philosophers on March 29, 2023, 04:41:48 PMFavorites are signing Waller and Campbell and re-signing Ward.  The first two can be difference makers if they are healthy and latter continues depth and string play.
Phil: Glad to see someone else is excited about Campbell. He COULD be a player who wasn't being used properly.

If so, maybe the Giants' staff can work some magic (he looks relatively "lost" in the NFL, compared to college).

If we are so fortunate as to experience a display of "magic" by the coaches, this move could be the "move of the year" in NFL free-agency.  He IMO was "that good" in college.

Bob
If Jeff Hostetler could do it, Daniel Jones can do it !!!

Philosophers

Quote from: Bob In PA on March 29, 2023, 04:53:12 PMPhil: Glad to see someone else is excited about Campbell. He COULD be a player who wasn't being used properly.

If so, maybe the Giants' staff can work some magic (he looks relatively "lost" in the NFL, compared to college).

If we are so fortunate as to experience a display of "magic" by the coaches, this move could be the "move of the year" in NFL free-agency.  He IMO was "that good" in college.

Bob

I agree 100% Bob.  He has a lot left in the tank.  I think our coaching staff can unlock it.

6'0" 205 pounds 9 1/2" hands and a 40" vertical and ran a 4.31 40.  Talk about explosive.

His injury history is not structural meaning significant ligament tears/reconstruction but rather sprains and strains.  I love that.

Trench

Favorite - changing the turf and trading for the All-Pro TE
Least favorite - tie between Love being gone and Sills not getting a real chance as a possession receiver

GloryDays

Obviously, what we think about the moves that the team makes is irrelevant; specially when it comes to keeping or releasing players who have recently been on the roster, since we are not in the locker room, at practices, we have no idea about their contract expectations, their attitudes. We also do not know much about the team's future plans for improving different positions, via draft or free agency.
Based on the surface info I have though, I love most of the signings, specially DJ  and Campbell, but I don't like losing Love at that price, also not so hot about re-signing Sterling Shepard.         

MightyGiants

Favorite- Trading for Waller (assuming he can stay healthy)

Least Favorite-  Failing to secure a proper center should they miss out on one in the draft
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

True Blue

Favorite: The New Turf (knock on wood, hope it works out)
Least: No Love

bamagiantfan

Since you didn't give a time frame, for this Administration,
Favorite: Signing Wink Martindale
Least Favorite: Releasing Tae Crowder. The guy was growing on me.

This off season,
Favorite: Signing Waller. I'm still shocked how many on the East Coast don't seem to know how good this guy is.
Least: Not a Paris Campbell fan. An under-performer since he entered the NFL. As others have said, maybe the coaches can get more out of him.
I know you believe you understand what you think I wrote, but I'm not sure you realize that what you read is not what I meant - Robert McCloskey (if he were on this Forum)

DaveBrown74

Favorite: Structuring the Jones contract in the manner that they did (keeping him while being able to pivot in two years time if they're not happy).

Least favorite: Letting Love Walk from an already thin secondary for what was a pretty modest contract.

Slugsy-Narrows

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on April 01, 2023, 06:44:07 AMFavorite: Structuring the Jones contract in the manner that they did (keeping him while being able to pivot in two years time if they're not happy).

Least favorite: Letting Love Walk from an already thin secondary for what was a pretty modest contract.

It was reported the Giants offered Love MORE MONEY to re-sign during the season than he signed for in Seattle.

His agent thought he was worth more on the market.

The Giants moved on and allocated that money elsewhere.

So I wouldn't say the Giants let Love walk!  They tried to sign him, he walked to try and get more money and it backfired on him and he is making less now.

Stringer Bell