News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

NGT: Dan Snyder

Started by zephirus, April 14, 2023, 01:18:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zephirus

I have a feeling most people here know roughly what a piece of trash this man is but I wanted to underscore some of the career highlights.  I hope the sale of the team doesn't allow for any indemnity on the outstanding investigation the NFL is still running.  You can read blow-by-blow accounts at some of the links below, but these are my "favorites":

- Snyder became the first NFL owner to charge admission and parking fees for training camp.
- Snyder put gallons of ice-cream on defensive coordinator Mike Nolan's desk to melt and indicated he "does not like vanilla".
- Snyder declares that the Redskins' Extra Point Mastercard will be the only credit card season ticket holders are allowed to use to buy season tickets.  He back-tracks 2 days later after a fan revolt.
- Snyder sues a 72 year old woman, a season ticket holder who could no longer afford her season tickets and wanted out of the contract.  This was at the height of the 2007 recession.  He wins a $60k judgement that, because the woman is a Christian, goes uncontested and sends her into bankruptcy.
- Fedex Field sells peanuts from the defunct Independence Air airline.  They were, at minimum, 6 months past expiration. 
- Snyder demands the cheerleaders perform in a "making of" featurette, including topless videos which he later asks the video department to create a montage of, along with his favorite songs in the background.  He has this video labeled "For Executive Meeting".

https://sports.yahoo.com/dan-snyder-and-the-commanders-a-timeline-of-dysfunction-and-scandal-201722850.html
https://washingtoncitypaper.com/article/221900/the-cranky-redskins-fans-guide-to-dan-snyder/

MightyGiants

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

babywhales

Kind of wish he was staying with Washington
"The biggest problem with communication is the illusion that it has been accomplished."– G.B.S

uconnjack8

Quote from: zephirus on April 14, 2023, 01:18:42 PMI have a feeling most people here know roughly what a piece of trash this man is but I wanted to underscore some of the career highlights.  I hope the sale of the team doesn't allow for any indemnity on the outstanding investigation the NFL is still running.  You can read blow-by-blow accounts at some of the links below, but these are my "favorites":

- Snyder became the first NFL owner to charge admission and parking fees for training camp.
- Snyder put gallons of ice-cream on defensive coordinator Mike Nolan's desk to melt and indicated he "does not like vanilla".
- Snyder declares that the Redskins' Extra Point Mastercard will be the only credit card season ticket holders are allowed to use to buy season tickets.  He back-tracks 2 days later after a fan revolt.
- Snyder sues a 72 year old woman, a season ticket holder who could no longer afford her season tickets and wanted out of the contract.  This was at the height of the 2007 recession.  [i]He wins a $60k judgement that, because the woman is a Christian[/i], goes uncontested and sends her into bankruptcy.
- Fedex Field sells peanuts from the defunct Independence Air airline.  They were, at minimum, 6 months past expiration. 
- Snyder demands the cheerleaders perform in a "making of" featurette, including topless videos which he later asks the video department to create a montage of, along with his favorite songs in the background.  He has this video labeled "For Executive Meeting".

https://sports.yahoo.com/dan-snyder-and-the-commanders-a-timeline-of-dysfunction-and-scandal-201722850.html
https://washingtoncitypaper.com/article/221900/the-cranky-redskins-fans-guide-to-dan-snyder/
Why would her religion affect this situation?

madbadger

I'm glad the league will soon be rid of him but he wasn't forced to sell the team for any of that. All the vile stuff made it easier for his peers to turn their backs on him, but the real reason why the league forced him into selling is when they discovered he was hiding income so that it wouldn't half to be shared. As we see with Irsay and Davis the owners are more than willing to tolerate scumbag owners just as long as it doesn't effect them financially.

Jolly Blue Giant

Quote from: babywhales on April 14, 2023, 03:30:36 PMKind of wish he was staying with Washington
=))

Yeah, I hear ya...even the players and coaches hate him. They have to overpay to get a free agent to come to their environment
The joke I told yesterday was so funny that,
apparently, HR wants to hear it tomorrow  :laugh:

zephirus

Quote from: uconnjack8 on April 14, 2023, 06:51:28 PMWhy would her religion affect this situation?

Some interpretations of the Bible are unforgiving to debtors. She acknowledged the debt.

Bob In PA

Quote from: zephirus on April 14, 2023, 01:18:42 PMI have a feeling most people here know roughly what a piece of trash this man is but I wanted to underscore some of the career highlights.
Lee: Thanks for your (IMO excellent, as usual) post. I did not know most of that.  Bob
If Jeff Hostetler could do it, Daniel Jones can do it !!!