News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

2022 snaps played by players age 25 or younger:

Started by MightyGiants, April 15, 2023, 07:03:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MightyGiants

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

DaveBrown74

If you had asked me to guess the order of this list, the team I would have been way off on would have been the Jets. I thought they were consisting of tons young players in key roles.

Bob In PA

Consider the "expert" views of the Giants last year at this time, compared with now.

IMO one more year of the type of progress they made last year and we'll be a force to be reckoned with.

If so, it should actually show up (to a great extent) by December of this year.  Fingers crossed.

Bob

If Jeff Hostetler could do it, Daniel Jones can do it !!!

DaveBrown74

Quote from: Bob In PA on April 15, 2023, 08:43:02 AMConsider the "expert" views of the Giants last year at this time, compared with now.

IMO one more year of the type of progress they made last year and we'll be a force to be reckoned with.

If so, it should actually show up (to a great extent) by December of this year.  Fingers crossed.

Bob

Bob,

For the first time since the good days of the Coughlin/Reese era, I'm very optimistic on the broad direction too. I think we will need to be patient in 2023 though and not get too down on the coaches or front office if they put up a record like 8-9 this season, which I think is very possible if not base case. We still have too many talent gaps and depth issues to be a top team this year in my opinion, but my guess is we will be good in 2024 provided Jones has developed into a materially above average starting QB by then.

Bob In PA

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on April 15, 2023, 09:59:39 AMBob,

For the first time since the good days of the Coughlin/Reese era, I'm very optimistic on the broad direction too. I think we will need to be patient in 2023 though and not get too down on the coaches or front office if they put up a record like 8-9 this season, which I think is very possible if not base case. We still have too many talent gaps and depth issues to be a top team this year in my opinion, but my guess is we will be good in 2024 provided Jones has developed into a materially above average starting QB by then.

DB: Also, the experts seem to evaluate our upcoming schedule as significantly more difficult than last year. Bob
If Jeff Hostetler could do it, Daniel Jones can do it !!!

DaveBrown74

Quote from: Bob In PA on April 15, 2023, 10:22:39 AMDB: Also, the experts seem to evaluate our upcoming schedule as significantly more difficult than last year. Bob

Bob,

I thoroughly agree with them on that point, which is a big part of why I am a little cautious about this year's outlook.

Jclayton92

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on April 15, 2023, 07:52:16 AMIf you had asked me to guess the order of this list, the team I would have been way off on would have been the Jets. I thought they were consisting of tons young players in key roles.
Flacco and 2 of their others guys are ancient which probably dragged them down. The defense and offensive skills are young everywhere else was old.

DaveBrown74

Quote from: Jclayton92 on April 15, 2023, 11:01:06 AMFlacco and 2 of their others guys are ancient which probably drafged them down. The defense and offensive skills are young everywhere else was old.

I guess I was thinking of some of the O linemen too but I'm realizing now two of the 25 and under starters were hurt for much of last year.