News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

impossible for one guy to be more right while another is more wrong

Started by MightyGiants, April 16, 2023, 07:20:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gman329

It amazes me that anyone still pays Skip Bayless to voice his deep ignorance on all things NFL.  He is always so certain and a shocking percentage of the time, so wrong.  About the only reason to listen to Bayless is to know which way NOT to go on any given question. 

beaugestus

Ed Vette

Another example of how non-experts can seem believable. Although the Cleveland Browns have a long history of misses on QB decisions too.
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

MightyGiants

Quote from: Ed Vette on April 16, 2023, 09:54:05 AMAnother example of how non-experts can seem believable. Although the Cleveland Browns have a long history of misses on QB decisions too.

Very much so...  notice how Hoge acknowledges that evaluation is an imperfect science and uses weaker words like "I think" while Bayless speaks with absolute certainty and never gives the slightest hint of doubt or that there is a possibility he could be wrong.
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

jgrangers2

Quote from: MightyGiants on April 16, 2023, 09:56:53 AMVery much so...  notice how Hoge acknowledges that evaluation is an imperfect science and uses weaker words like "I think" while Bayless speaks with absolute certainty and never gives the slightest hint of doubt or that there is a possibility he could be wrong.

The job of people like Bayless is to be stoke reaction and part of that is speaking with absolute certainty. People like Skip Bayless, Stephen A. Smith and Colin Cowherd are basically just on-screen clickbait.

AZGiantFan

Quote from: jgrangers2 on April 16, 2023, 12:09:17 PMThe job of people like Bayless is to be stoke reaction and part of that is speaking with absolute certainty. People like Skip Bayless, Stephen A. Smith and Colin Cowherd are basically just on-screen clickbait.

Sadly, that is true of most of the media, not just sports.
I'd rather be a disappointed optimist than a vindicated pessimist. 

Not slowing my roll

Painter

Although it's Fox Sports which pays Bayless $8 million per year, you might better understand his act if you were to watch Fox News.

Cheers

AZGiantFan

Quote from: Painter on April 16, 2023, 01:16:04 PMAlthough it's Fox Sports which pays Bayless $8 million per year, you might better understand his act if you were to watch Fox News.

Cheers

Skip was exactly the same when he was on ESPN, but nice little political dig.
I'd rather be a disappointed optimist than a vindicated pessimist. 

Not slowing my roll