News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Question for those who do not like Emmanuel Forbes

Started by True Blue, April 21, 2023, 10:33:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jclayton92

Quote from: beaugestus on April 21, 2023, 05:31:27 PMI know it's a hi-lite tape but WOW. There are some players that transcend the norm whether it's size, speed etc. We've seen with the aforementioned D. Smith, Aaron Donald, Reggie Lewis. We should only be lucky if he's available to the Giants.
Exactly the ball skills are out of this world. If he was 10 pounds heavier he's a top 5 pick.

GloryDays

You know what.. GMs are not blind either and they can see how good the kid is, so I really don't think he will be the 4-5th CB taken and we won't have the chance to get him at 25.

DaveBrown74

Quote from: GloryDays on April 21, 2023, 08:56:13 PMYou know what.. GMs are not blind either and they can see how good the kid is, so I really don't think he will be the 4-5th CB taken and we won't have the chance to get him at 25.

Has there ever been a good CB in the NFL whose most recent official weigh-in before the draft was 166? I'm asking - I don't know the answer. My point though is that may be a significant enough wart for him to fall to us.

I'd be very happy if the Giants got him. Maybe he'll be there, maybe he won't. I don't think it's implausible at all that he's there though. And then for all we know Schoen could pass. It's all up in the air, but I don't think it's some mortal 100% lock that he's gone before 25.

MightyGiants

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Jolly Blue Giant

Quote from: MightyGiants on April 22, 2023, 08:14:40 AMGreg Cosell scouting reports (I think his are some of the best)

https://www.the33rdteam.com/nfl-draft/2023/players/emmanuel-forbes-52364/scouting-reports/

Pretty much all of us, who are pushing for him, have said. Didn't know he has a tendency to draw flags for after tackle chatter. That's easy enough to fix with a stern coach. Good read
The joke I told yesterday was so funny that,
apparently, HR wants to hear it tomorrow  :laugh:

Bob In PA

Quote from: MightyGiants on April 22, 2023, 08:14:40 AMGreg Cosell scouting reports (I think his are some of the best)

https://www.the33rdteam.com/nfl-draft/2023/players/emmanuel-forbes-52364/scouting-reports/

Rich: To me, the words "...good length... lacks play strength" are crucial.

Corner backs in Wink's schemes must play "man" and stop the run... without wearing down.

IMO the bigger the player, the smaller the chance of opponents wearing him down during the course of a game.

Bob
If Jeff Hostetler could do it, Daniel Jones can do it !!!

MightyGiants

Quote from: Bob In PA on April 22, 2023, 08:43:59 AMRich: To me, the words "...good length... lacks play strength" are crucial.

Corner backs in Wink's schemes must play "man" and stop the run... without wearing down.

IMO the bigger the player, the smaller the chance of opponents wearing him down during the course of a game.

Bob

For me, Greg summed it up best with:

QuoteThe question with Forbes is his rail-thin frame, and that makes his overall evaluation and projection a little polarizing. Is his length and higher level athleticism and savvy enough to compensate for his frame? It is a tough decision, but you must understand that he is an exception and it could go either way.
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

beaugestus

Looked up his injury history and he played 11 games in 2020, 13 in 2021 and 11 games in 2022. I don't believe his weight would be a concern and he played in the SEC.

Jclayton92

149 tackles in 3 years in the SEC of which 94 were solo plus 22 Pass defensed, 14 Int, 6 Tds, 1 sack, 1 FF.

Arms 70th percentile
Wingspan 73rd percentile
40 time 93rd percentile
Broad jump 94th percentile
Vertical 70th percentile
10 yard 93rd percentile

That's historically vs other corners at the combine.

Him being an amazing Wr In high school translated to him having elite ball skills and confidence.

The guy is so good.

todge

The Giants already have a similar CB in Flott. I would be surprised if he carried a grade on the Giants' Board to merit a selection as a boundary CB. His frame is easy pickings for the bigger, stronger WRs he is going to face in the NFL.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sem

What percentage of players that are drafted don't gain *any* weight after they've been with an NFL team, working with professional trainers for any length of time? Does anyone seriously think he'll be 166lbs two years from now? Or even later this year?

True Blue

Quote from: todge on April 22, 2023, 12:59:24 PMThe Giants already have a similar CB in Flott. I would be surprised if he carried a grade on the Giants' Board to merit a selection as a boundary CB. His frame is easy pickings for the bigger, stronger WRs he is going to face in the NFL.

They are nothing alike, it would be naive to call them the same CB just cause of weight. Forbes production, ball skills, and overall talent and ability dwarfs Flotts, not even remotely close. Also Flott I believe played a good bit of his snaps on the outside (I admittedly could be wrong on this last bit).

Not saying they will select him, but based on last draft, JS, Dabs and the FO seem to not value size over talent at several positions.

Jclayton92

Quote from: todge on April 22, 2023, 12:59:24 PMThe Giants already have a similar CB in Flott. I would be surprised if he carried a grade on the Giants' Board to merit a selection as a boundary CB. His frame is easy pickings for the bigger, stronger WRs he is going to face in the NFL.

Lol what? He faced those bigger, stronger Wrs in the SEC and dominated them. Besides both Flott and Forbes being skinny they are completely different cornerbacks. That's like saying Blake Bortles and Josh Allen are the same because they are both 6'5 230lbs. Wild.

True Blue

Quote from: Sem on April 22, 2023, 02:20:11 PMWhat percentage of players that are drafted don't gain *any* weight after they've been with an NFL team, working with professional trainers for any length of time? Does anyone seriously think he'll be 166lbs two years from now? Or even later this year?

This, I think he will get a little bulk before the season probably 175-180ish

He has enough speed and athleticism to where it won't harm him at all either

4 Aces

There's smoke the Giants like Deonte Banks at CB in the 1st round.