News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Question for those who do not like Emmanuel Forbes

Started by True Blue, April 21, 2023, 10:33:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bob In PA

Quote from: Philosophers on April 23, 2023, 12:38:46 PMThis weight issue is crazy.  NFL players all get bigger.  Look at Tyler Linderbaum, DeVonta Smith, wveryone.  Give me Forbes' skills.  He'll play outside.
Phil: That's generally true, but many people have a body that will resist getting (or shouldn't get) heavier.

Teams do all they can to predict genetic probability (and medical advisability) of adding weight to a player.

Some investigations conclude with a negative decision. I don't know percentages concerning that statement.

Bob

PS. IMO some knee injuries are due to adding "too much" weight (even if it's solely muscle that is added).  You can't change your bone structure (although you can "eat right" to assure your bones are as sturdy as possible).
If Jeff Hostetler could do it, Daniel Jones can do it !!!

Philosophers

Quote from: Bob In PA on April 23, 2023, 01:22:18 PMPhil: That's generally true, but many people have a body that will resist getting (or shouldn't get) heavier.

Teams do all they can to predict genetic probability (and medical advisability) of adding weight to a player.

Some investigations conclude with a negative decision. I don't know percentages conscerning that statement.

Bob

PS. IMO some knee injuries are due to adding "too much" weight (even if it's solely muscle that is added).  You can't change your bone structure (although you can "eat right" to assure your bones are as sturdy as possible).

Bob - I have not read anywhere that Forbes is a small boned athlete that can't weight.  I think it's just lazy people saying "he's tall and thin" then conclude he can't add weight.

Bob In PA

Phil: At the combines in a track uniform you can see him real good.

I will be stunned if he's not put at slot corner by whomever drafts him.

He's a very good player who does not look frail, but... well, it'll be a very interesting career to follow.

Bob

Jclayton92

I mean right now Flott is penciled in as our starter at Boundary #2 so stranger things have happened. 

Jolly Blue Giant

Quote from: Bob In PA on April 23, 2023, 10:38:36 PMPhil: At the combines in a track uniform you can see him real good.

I will be stunned if he's not put at slot corner by whomever drafts him.

He's a very good player who does not look frail, but... well, it'll be a very interesting career to follow.

Bob

You could very well end up stunned Bob...LOL

Forbes 4.3 speed and long stride is going to get him going long on the sidelines. He prefers zone to man-coverage, NOT because he's a slot guy (he isn't), but it gives him the opportunity to read the QB and anticipate where the ball is going to go...and then he adjusts in order to make a play on the ball (hence, the moniker "ball hawk"). When playing man, he's sticky, and no WR is going to outrun him. But with man, he can't focus so much on the QB, so he has to read the receiver's eyes and hands to anticipate the ball's arrival. Not as easy to pick as when he's in zone and already knows (thinks he knows) where the ball is going, so he can go for the ball as his attitude is that the ball is up for grabs...and he wants that ball

Regardless, I doubt he'll ever be patrolling the slot. I could be wrong, been there plenty of times, but that's how I read him
The joke I told yesterday was so funny that,
apparently, HR wants to hear it tomorrow  :laugh:

Bob In PA

Quote from: Jolly Blue Giant on April 24, 2023, 08:54:33 AMYou could very well end up stunned Bob...LOL

Forbes 4.3 speed and long stride is going to get him going long on the sidelines. He prefers zone to man-coverage, NOT because he's a slot guy (he isn't), but it gives him the opportunity to read the QB and anticipate where the ball is going to go...and then he adjusts in order to make a play on the ball (hence, the moniker "ball hawk"). When playing man, he's sticky, and no WR is going to outrun him. But with man, he can't focus so much on the QB, so he has to read the receiver's eyes and hands to anticipate the ball's arrival. Not as easy to pick as when he's in zone and already knows (thinks he knows) where the ball is going, so he can go for the ball as his attitude is that the ball is up for grabs...and he wants that ball

Regardless, I doubt he'll ever be patrolling the slot. I could be wrong, been there plenty of times, but that's how I read him

Jolly: I just wrote elsewhere the best thing that could happen to Forbes is to be drafted by a zone defense team. Bob

todge

Quote from: Bob In PA on April 24, 2023, 08:57:35 AMJolly: I just wrote elsewhere the best thing that could happen to Forbes is to be drafted by a zone defense team. Bob
I'll go one step further Bob and state that the only team who takes him will be a zone team. The exception will be teams with solid boundary CBs who plan on using him inside as a nickel.

I know people think he will gain weight. But Scouting Departments won't bank on that. Besides strength and body build are more important factors.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bob In PA

Quote from: todge on April 24, 2023, 11:11:54 AMI'll go one step further Bob and state that the only team who takes him will be a zone team. The exception will be teams with solid boundary CBs who plan on using him inside as a nickel.

I know people think he will gain weight. But Scouting Departments won't bank on that. Besides strength and body build are more important factors.

Ted: I couldn't agree more with all of that. Bob

True Blue

Quote from: todge on April 24, 2023, 11:11:54 AMI'll go one step further Bob and state that the only team who takes him will be a zone team. The exception will be teams with solid boundary CBs who plan on using him inside as a nickel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They don't have to bank on it, they drafted Flott

They may not want him who knows, but weight certainly won't be the reason

Jclayton92

Quote from: Jolly Blue Giant on April 24, 2023, 08:54:33 AMYou could very well end up stunned Bob...LOL

I agree and I think if we grab him we stay with the zone packages we used during the back half of the season. With him and Jackson at boundary and Robinson/Flott backing them up I'd feel a lot better about our secondary.