News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

With the 24th pick the Giants draft CB Deonte Banks

Started by MightyGiants, April 27, 2023, 11:03:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MightyGiants

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

True Blue

Got our CB, great pick. Wanted Porter but can't complain one bit, love it

President Rick

Hey, Ed...you said pick one guy.  I picked Deonte Banks.  A Maryland Terrapin in NY Giants blue.  Happy day in the Owens household. 

Has a Maryland Terp ever been a Giants starter?  I cannot find one.  WOW.  Banks will!!!
Author of: Potomac, Knightime, Conspiracy of Terror, Rogue State, The Neutrality Imperative, Joey Jupiter - Super Sleuth [childrens books], Vigilance and Virtue, Peaceful Warrior, more.

AZGiantFan

I'd rather be a disappointed optimist than a vindicated pessimist. 

Not slowing my roll

PSUBeirut

Wanted a CB and glad we got one of the top guys. I liked Forbes over Banks and had Porter at same level with banks. Filled a huge need with a very good prospect. Hard to complain about this one! Wink deserved this one.

President Rick

Hey, Ed...you said pick one guy.  I picked Deonte Banks.  A Maryland Terrapin in NY Giants blue.  Happy day in the Owens household.

Has a Maryland Terp ever been a Giants starter?  I cannot find one.  WOW.  Banks will!!!
Author of: Potomac, Knightime, Conspiracy of Terror, Rogue State, The Neutrality Imperative, Joey Jupiter - Super Sleuth [childrens books], Vigilance and Virtue, Peaceful Warrior, more.

Jclayton92

Schoen loves a ras 9.99 for banks and even though we went super young last year we go old this year.

uconnjack8

Quote from: Jclayton92 on April 27, 2023, 11:10:16 PMSchoen loves a ras 9.99 for banks and even though we went super young last year we go old this year.

Great fit for the scheme too, right?

MightyGiants

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Jclayton92

Quote from: uconnjack8 on April 27, 2023, 11:11:56 PMGreat fit for the scheme too, right?
I think Porter fits Winks D like a glove in comparison to Banks imo but banks isn't horrible. He is handsy and jams too much. I think he needs work on his technique but you gotta hope the staff knows what they want to do with him. I'm not throwing the remote but I'm not jumping up and down either.

Ed Vette

He does it all. Man Corner, uses his body well and knows how to play the Receiver, he can tackle and hit, run support and Special Teams. Perfect for Wink Martindale and he's ecstatic.
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

Shoelessjoe

Rick, you know the last Banks selected in the first round.

Jclayton92

Quote from: Ed Vette on April 27, 2023, 11:20:30 PMHe does it all. Man Corner, uses his body well and knows how to play the Receiver, he can tackle and hit, run support and Special Teams. Perfect for Wink Martindale and he's ecstatic.
might be the biggest corner we've had in a while. 6'2 200

uconnjack8