News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Quietly I think the Giants saw a glaring need at CB

Started by MightyGiants, April 30, 2023, 09:17:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

True Blue

Quote from: MightyGiants on April 30, 2023, 11:15:30 AMPlus, as far as I can tell, he isn't a major ST contributer

They traded up to get Banks, and gave that Leonard Johnson guy a 3 year deal which makes me think they really like him.

Considering they got a bunch of nobodies playing at a playoff level. I am optimistic that with a couple guys they actually want, we will be much improved at that position.

killarich

Quote from: Jclayton92 on April 30, 2023, 09:36:12 AMGood I'd much prefer Robinson or Flott in the slot to Holmes. Holmes just isn't athletic enough in the modern NFL and either gets burned or holds.

Robinson looked suspect in preseason ..then the small sample size in the season he actually looked OK..... I actually hope he can be our slot corner

Anyone but Holmes

Painter

Quote from: MightyGiants on April 30, 2023, 10:47:02 AMLarry,

I busted my ass for 4 days to make this board the best draft experience for Giants fans.  Is this (and other posts complaining about various perceived grievances) really the best you can contribute?  The best way to keep this forum the home of the best informed Giants fan isn't through complaining about the posts of others, it's about contributing quality content

No one and certainly not me could be unaware and unappreciative of your efforts and achievements, Rich,

But that shouldn't rule out other views which may show another side which encourage more
reflection and balance among the casual or more impressionable; or even contrarian readers.

While this is meant as a Forum of the Best Informed Giants Fans, there are vastly more who simply visit to obtain all sides of an issue not just a proprietary one, should that be what they expect, even though you do well to avoid it despite the input of others as few as 9 or 10 -including moi- who do most of the posting; some more even than you. And not always sensible or accurately and well-informed even allowing for bias and personal conceit.

No offense, but it certainly is a frequent cause of what some would regard as my cynicism. Having been born and raised in N.Y.C., it kinda goes with the territory. However, that is not to suggest that I am refractory given that I used to vote Republican and now loath and detest everything about it.

Cheers!

killarich

Can we please not bring politics in here.... it NEVER ends well

Jclayton92

Quote from: killarich on April 30, 2023, 11:49:19 AMRobinson looked suspect in preseason ..then the small sample size in the season he actually looked OK..... I actually hope he can be our slot corner

Anyone but Holmes
Yeah I was against him moving outside and hope either a move back to the slot or safety is in order.

Jclayton92

Quote from: MightyGiants on April 30, 2023, 11:15:30 AMPlus, as far as I can tell, he isn't a major ST contributer
I think his out burst when he played one game but didn't play the next like Tae crowder ruined any chances he had of significant playing time with this team.

Rosehill Jimmy

It's no secret that the differentiator for many of these guys will be the ability to play STs.  Same goes for the guys looking to sneak into the WR room. Wouldn't surprise me to see a new face or two among safeties/LBs too
"It is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing"

MightyGiants

Quote from: Painter on April 30, 2023, 12:08:07 PMNo one and certainly not me could be unaware and unappreciative of your efforts and achievements, Rich,

But that shouldn't rule out other views which may show another side which encourage more
reflection and balance among the casual or more impressionable; or even contrarian readers.

While this is meant as a Forum of the Best Informed Giants Fans, there are vastly more who simply visit to obtain all sides of an issue not just a proprietary one, should that be what they expect, even though you do well to avoid it despite the input of others as few as 9 or 10 -including moi- who do most of the posting; some more even than you. And not always sensible or accurately and well-informed even allowing for bias and personal conceit.

No offense, but it certainly is a frequent cause of what some would regard as my cynicism. Having been born and raised in N.Y.C., it kinda goes with the territory. However, that is not to suggest that I am refractory given that I used to vote Republican and now loath and detest everything about it.

Cheers!

Larry,

What I have been learning (the hard way) is it's great to have and express your opinions about the Giants.  What is far less welcome is opinions on other people's opinions or other people in general if those views are negative.  In a way, it comes off as complaining or, worse, insulting.   Even complaining, one thing I have never heard someone utter in my half-century plus time on this planet is, "Boy, I wish I could hear more complaining"
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE