News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Randy Muller on the Giants teamwork

Started by MightyGiants, May 04, 2023, 10:23:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MightyGiants

Former GM Randy Muller was very impressed with how closely Daboll and Schoen work

QuoteAs Duggan reported, Giants coach Brian Daboll initiated contact with the Rams via text that they would have an interest in doing the trade. This is not normal; the general manager usually leads in every way in the draft room. I love this because it also told me the head coach was in lockstep with the GM about acquiring the player. Giants fans should be excited because Daboll was involved and thus will be extra motivated to do everything within his power to make sure the Hyatt move is seen in a good light.

It sounds simple and to be a given, but it's not. Some saw Hyatt as unpolished and raw as a route runner. Look for him to be schemed into an offense seamlessly and be used as the guy who can take the top off of defenses early in his tenure with the Giants.

The GM and head coach in New York are obviously communicating well and on the same page. Giants ownership has taken its share of criticism in the past decade, but it looks to me like they struck gold with this combination.

The rest is behind a paywall (one that I think is worth subscribing to)

https://theathletic.com/4485716/2023/05/04/nfl-draft-observations-randy-mueller-colts-giants-dolphins/
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE