News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

NGT: Lamar Jackson not at OTAs

Started by MightyGiants, May 10, 2023, 04:45:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MightyGiants

DJ was in the facility before he even signed his contract.  The Ravens are installing a new offense and neither Jackson or OBJ is anywhere to be seen.

https://twitter.com/jamisonhensley/status/1656315239976120321
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

uconnjack8

jimc

- Accumulating knowledge is pointless unless it is used to help someone

MagicRat

OK, Lamar has been an MVP, but he's a circus act, a dog and pony show.
He's never being a January relevant QB.
He'll either be -
1) Banged up come play off time; or
2) Be unable to deal with decent teams, with decent DCs, who have a year's worth of film on which to scheme.
Smell my cheese you mother!

AZGiantFan

If this was the Ravens' board Jackson and OBJ would be crucified as poor team leaders.
I'd rather be a disappointed optimist than a vindicated pessimist. 

Not slowing my roll

Painter

The more important a contracted player, other than those who have been tagged, see himself and his public relations, the less important is he likely to view voluntary OTAs. No biggie!

Cheers!

DaveBrown74

I am not a big Lamar guy, but this is not a huge deal in my opinion.

MightyGiants

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on May 10, 2023, 07:13:57 PMI am not a big Lamar guy, but this is not a huge deal in my opinion.

I think it may speak a bit to Jackson's character.  The Ravens reward you by making you the highest-paid player in the NFL, and in return, you put your coaches in the difficult position of explaining why you can't be bothered to show up and learn the new offense.  At best it shows a lack of awareness of Jackson in terms of the optics, at worse it shows his true desire to win.
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE