News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

How tall are the NFC QBs

Started by MightyGiants, May 19, 2023, 09:38:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MightyGiants

I remember when QBs were taller than this.

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Ed Vette

Pocket immobile QBs needed to be taller. 6'5-6'6 was more the norm.
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

Painter

But then might it be a liability ,or at least a challenge, to be a particularly tall QB in an era of more QB running designed or otherwise? But then, I suppose if your'e  good athlete and smart enough it doesn't really matter.

Cheers!

MightyGiants

Quote from: Ed Vette on May 19, 2023, 09:48:45 AMPocket immobile QBs needed to be taller. 6'5-6'6 was more the norm.

One of the issues Baker Mayfield has is that defenses learned if they can keep him in the pocket, he struggles to see (over the large linemen in front of him) downfield.

Quote from: Painter on May 19, 2023, 03:02:17 PMBut then might it be a liability or at least a challenge to be a particularly tall QB in an era of more QB running designed or otherwise? But then, I suppose if your good athlete and smart enough it doesn't really matter.

Cheers!

Interesting idea.  I guess much like tall RBs, you have longer legs that are more exposed to injury
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE