News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Post random good advice

Started by MightyGiants, May 23, 2023, 09:37:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AZGiantFan

The secret to a long and happy marriage is to never let it become a power struggle.
I'd rather be a disappointed optimist than a vindicated pessimist. 

Not slowing my roll

AZGiantFan

Quote from: BluesCruz on May 28, 2023, 06:18:32 AMNever over reach your grasp

Counterpoint from the poet, Robert Browning:

QuoteAh, but a man's reach should exceed his grasp,. Or what's a heaven for?
I'd rather be a disappointed optimist than a vindicated pessimist. 

Not slowing my roll

Jolly Blue Giant

I don't know if this qualifies as "advice", but it's a fact of life that has bit me in the ass more than once. I just bought two more fishing rods and two new reels that I don't really need. Couldn't help myself while perusing deals during "Prime Days" the last two days. Got great deals, but I already have eight rods and reels for every occasion except deep sea fishing for monster fish. I don't need two more rods and reels, nor are the rods easy to store. To top it off, I rarely fish...duhhh  :-?? Hopefully, that is going to change soon

"The more you own, the more those things end up owning you"

A secondary thought to that: "You are never truly free until you own nothing" (I think Jack Reacher follows that rule of thumb...LOL)

Relationship advice (from experience):

"It's a lot easier to get into a relationship than it is to get out of one"

"First thing to remember about the girl you are dating is to remember every detail of her eye's and their colors...because sooner or later, there will be an argument on the phone and she'll ask you the million dollar question, 'you know me so well, what's the color of my eyes?', and you'll be dumbfounded." (believe me, she will know the color of yours, including the unusual speck in one of them)
The joke I told yesterday was so funny that,
apparently, HR wants to hear it tomorrow  :laugh:

Jolly Blue Giant

Here's one that I've applied in my own life

If you have children, have them learn an instrument, even if they aren't musically inclined. The reason: once you've struggled to master an instrument (and most likely failed...as in my case), you have an incredible appreciation for those who have mastered it that you wouldn't otherwise have
The joke I told yesterday was so funny that,
apparently, HR wants to hear it tomorrow  :laugh:

LennG

I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss