News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

NGT - Which head coaches' seats are the hottest entering this season?

Started by DaveBrown74, May 25, 2023, 05:10:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DaveBrown74

In his Sam Howell thread, @MightyGiants noted that Commanders HC Ron Rivera is on the hot seat this year, and I agree with that.

Throughout the entire league, which head coaches' seats are the hottest right now as we enter the season, in your mind?

Whose seats are not legitimately hot yet, but are starting to warm up a little?

MightyGiants

I think Mike McCarthy has a warm seat.   Jerry wants championships.  Plus he booted his OC, so Mike now owns the offense.
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Jclayton92

McDaniels in Vegas

Mccarthy in Dallas is on 🔥

Allen with the Saints

Staley with the Chargers

Packers- if Love fails

MightyGiants

Quote from: Jclayton92 on May 25, 2023, 05:22:10 PMMcDaniels in Vegas

Mccarthy in Dallas is on 🔥

Allen with the Saints

Staley with the Chargers

Packers- if Love fails

Stanley's meltdown against the Jags was pretty epic
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Jclayton92

Quote from: MightyGiants on May 25, 2023, 05:23:35 PMStanley's meltdown against the Jags was pretty epic
Plus he blamed all his coordinators and got them canned. No more excuses.

DaveBrown74

Staley is a great call. I was surprised he hung in there even after this season. Back to back playoff misses with a QB of the caliber that he has is just not good enough. He's right up near the top for me.

I agree about McDaniels in Vegas as well. I think he probably has a lower performance bar to keep his job than Staley though.

McCarthy manages to hang in there because his regular seasons are fine. He just can't win in the playoffs, but is that him or Dak? Jerry has to be losing patience though, I agree. They restructured Dak too (I think), so that's kind of them saying he's not the problem.

What about the guy in Atlanta (Arthur Smith)? Two years there and absolutely nothing good has happened. I could see them going in another direction if that team stinks again.

AZGiantFan

As compared to Daboll who has to worry about his butt getting frostbite.   =))
I'd rather be a disappointed optimist than a vindicated pessimist. 

Not slowing my roll

Rambo89

My list including the names you all have mentioned:

Rivera
McCarthy
Saleh
Allen
Staley
McDaniels
Arthur Smith
Stefanski
LaFleur
"The Giants will never win a championship with Saquon Barkley" 4/26/18

President Rick

Rambo - good point about Saleh...IMO he's a good coach but they are all in on rodgers and if the team flops, it won't be aaron getting the boot.
Author of: Potomac, Knightime, Conspiracy of Terror, Rogue State, The Neutrality Imperative, Joey Jupiter - Super Sleuth [childrens books], Vigilance and Virtue, Peaceful Warrior, more.

uconnjack8

I agree with the names I have seen and would add Sean McDermott. 

Disappointing playoff loss last year and it seemed like the offense took a step backward (thanks for leaving Daboll).  I think its very possible the Bills finish in 3rd place in the AFC East this year.   If that happens and they have an early playoff exit (or don't make the playoffs), McDermott could be gone IMO.

katkavage

If the Jets don't succeed, it won't be Rodgers who takes the fall, it will be Saleh.

DaveBrown74

Quote from: Rambo89 on May 26, 2023, 10:49:51 AMMy list including the names you all have mentioned:

Rivera
McCarthy
Saleh
Allen
Staley
McDaniels
Arthur Smith
Stefanski
LaFleur

Saleh is a good call and I kind of forgot about him.

If the Jets don't make the playoffs this year both he and the GM are gone.

BluesCruz

Napoleon- "If you have a cannon- USE IT"