News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Where does Xavier McKinney stand in PFF's safety rankings

Started by MightyGiants, June 11, 2023, 09:41:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MightyGiants

25. XAVIER MCKINNEY, NEW YORK GIANTS
McKinney's third year out of Alabama was a bit rough, as he carried just a 61.1 overall grade this past season. He also missed eight games and did not intercept a pass. That stands in contrast to the 2021 version of McKinney, who posted a 75.4 overall grade and picked off five passes that year. The Giants need vast improvement from their secondary if they want to see the postseason again in 2023. A return to form for McKinney would go a long way in achieving that goal.

https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-safety-rankings-2023-nfl-season
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Ed Vette

Do you think that a young player who comes into the first game out of Training Camp is better equipped and prepared, than he would be after losing multiple games to injury and has to come back up to speed... and the competition he faces at the beginning of the season is in a developmental stage and has not peaked or seasoned at that point?
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

Jclayton92

I thought we wouldn't have won several games last season without Mckinney and Love. Wink basically had Mckinney shadow the other teams best player. McCaffrey, King Henry, the Vikings TE Mckinney locked them all down... Plus I think Mckinney gets back to his ballhawking ways this season.

Philosophers

Keep in mind McKinney was also learning a new defense under Wink.  I am sure going into year 2 of Wink's D, we will see a rebound.

President Rick

our coaches seem to trust him and rely on him RE: leadership and on-field direction, things which I doubt pff can or does measure.  IMO we were a better team when he was on the field than when he missed games.
Author of: Potomac, Knightime, Conspiracy of Terror, Rogue State, The Neutrality Imperative, Joey Jupiter - Super Sleuth [childrens books], Vigilance and Virtue, Peaceful Warrior, more.