News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

How old were YOU?

Started by brownelvis54, June 20, 2023, 05:11:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

brownelvis54

The KING is in the building

Giant Obsession

16.  This was one of my favorite seasons.  We were robbed in New Orleans and also in the Monday nite Philly game in the last minute with a phantom illegal received downfield.

This season made you think there was a bright future ahead.  The Dallas win was the ultimate with the come from behind win at home against the Redskins.....down 19 in the 4th quarter.

Remember this season like it just happened.
Mike

January 11, 2022  -- The Head Bozo of this Clown Show has spoken.  Five more years of darkness.  The Dark Ages Part 2 continue.

January 4, 2016  -- Dark Ages part 2 is born.

Enjoy every sandwich -- Warren Zevon

Jaime

age 15
Went to games with my Dad. Always had good Tailgating happening. Sure do miss Giants Stadium.
Don't recall much other than, we stunk :boooo: 

Rosehill Jimmy

I was 20.  The conclusion of this season roughly marked the halfway point of "15 years of lousy football". It would be another 10 years before getting back to the playoffs...while playing in a different state no less!
"It is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing"

brownelvis54

The KING is in the building

y_so_blu

Sem

I was 13. I specifically remember that comeback win against the Redskins. We had been visiting friends down in Mount Laurel, NJ and were driving home. I think the point when when my dad turned the game on the car radio the Giants were down by more than 2 TD's late in the game. An exciting ending that had us both screaming and my mom rolling her eyes at us. I also remember that when the Giants got the ball back for the game-winning drive, before they even ran their first play, whoever was doing the radio play by play excitedly saying, "...the Giants will win this game!!"
And they did.

jimc

- Accumulating knowledge is pointless unless it is used to help someone

Greenzone

The 16-0 slaughter of Boston at Harvard Stadium was AWESOME.

President Rick

I was at the Nov. 23, 1970 game in Philly's Franklin Field.  Mean fans there.  [I'd just turned 23...was stationed in Philly at the Navy Yard for DC school].  The refs botched a critical call, calling Tark over the LOS on a key first down pass that they brought back, forcing a punt.  That drive would likely have tied the game, if not giving us a TD to win it.  All the papers next day showed the photo - Tark was behind the line when he threw the ball.  Giants lost 23-20 and missed the playoffs.
Author of: Potomac, Knightime, Conspiracy of Terror, Rogue State, The Neutrality Imperative, Joey Jupiter - Super Sleuth [childrens books], Vigilance and Virtue, Peaceful Warrior, more.

Bill Brown

I was 22. Stationed in Rhine Main AB. Never saw any NFL.

Bill
""The Turk" comes for all of us.  We just don't know when he will knock."

files58

I was 14. The win against the Cardinals in week 13 was a birthday present. The following week against the Rams I cried when they lost. Our only hope would be a miracle win by Houston over Dallas. The turds won by about 40 points.

kartanoman

I crapped my diapers silly watching the Giants go down in flames to the Rams at the merry old age of one!

Peace!

"Dave Jennings was one of the all-time great Giants. He was a valued member of the Giants family for more than 30 years as a player and a broadcaster, and we were thrilled to include him in our Ring of Honor. We will miss him dearly." (John Mara)

files58

Quote from: President Rick on June 21, 2023, 04:50:11 AMI was at the Nov. 23, 1970 game in Philly's Franklin Field.  Mean fans there.  [I'd just turned 23...was stationed in Philly at the Navy Yard for DC school].  The refs botched a critical call, calling Tark over the LOS on a key first down pass that they brought back, forcing a punt.  That drive would likely have tied the game, if not giving us a TD to win it.  All the papers next day showed the photo - Tark was behind the line when he threw the ball.  Giants lost 23-20 and missed the playoffs.

This, and the horrible no TD to Aaron Thomas call against the Saints. The league should have a "Leper Squad" (reference the movie 12'Oclock High) group of refs that get assigned to games played by bad teams hopping from coast to coast on a weekly basis. Even with the advent of replay.

coggs