News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

You need one yard for a game winning TD

Started by Ed Vette, June 20, 2023, 09:35:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed Vette

"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

DaveBrown74

I think I would go with the Bus ... narrow but still decisive win over Beast Mode.

y_so_blu

AZGiantFan

Ahmad Bradshaw.  Jacobs got all the chatter about being a battering ram, but Bradshaw was a much better 'need one yard' back.
I'd rather be a disappointed optimist than a vindicated pessimist. 

Not slowing my roll

DaveBrown74

Quote from: AZGiantFan on June 21, 2023, 06:06:33 AMAhmad Bradshaw.  Jacobs got all the chatter about being a battering ram, but Bradshaw was a much better 'need one yard' back.

If we are limiting this to just Giants, I would agree.

Bradshaw over the above names though?

GordonGekko80

DaveBrown74

files58

Pete Carroll should be in the Hall Of Shame for not handing off to Lynch. That being said since The Bus is being considered then we can go into NFL history. Jim Brown(of course), Walter Payton, and here's a name probably no one has thought about, Pete Johnson. Played mostly for Cincinnati in the 70's-80's. Was used at the goal line and scored a whole bunch of TD's. I used him in a neighborhood fantasy league back in 84'. My friends said Pete Who?, and he proceeded to score almost a TD/game. I won the season long pool basically wire to wire.

coggs

We know Peter Carroll won't give it to Lynch. 

For 1 yard, I am going Bettis.

MightyGiants

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

kartanoman

Ottis Anderson, the man with more pelts on his horse than any of them. Ask Bill Parcells.

Peace!

"Dave Jennings was one of the all-time great Giants. He was a valued member of the Giants family for more than 30 years as a player and a broadcaster, and we were thrilled to include him in our Ring of Honor. We will miss him dearly." (John Mara)

PSUBeirut

Definitely Beastmode for me. 

For those saying Jerome Bettis, maybe you forgot this play??  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FUcDGLHCOi4  The play that SHOULD have laid the path clear to another Peyton Manning Super Bowl ring.

Ed Vette

How about the Fridge? Lol

I would say Bettis or Lynch. My choice Bettis.
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

Bob In PA

I would call a good offensive line. I don't give a crap who has the ball when one yard is needed.

What I want is assurance that the ball-carrier not be contacted in the backfield. 

We have Saquon. If he's not hit in the backfield he just jumps over the pile and gets the yard 100% of the time.

Bob

If Jeff Hostetler could do it, Daniel Jones can do it !!!

True Blue

Gary Brightwell, jk  /sarcasm/

Give me Marshawn in his prime