News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

NGT: Do YOU like alternate helmets?

Started by brownelvis54, June 21, 2023, 10:17:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

brownelvis54

Simply put. I do not. As far as football goes, I blame the Oregon Ducks. They seemed to have been one of the early teams to have multiple new uniforms every other game. Now In the NBA, NFL and college football it seems a bit much. I wish they just played the entire season with one dedicated uniform. I know I sound like an old man "get off my lawn"

Detroit Lions will wear this twice this upcoming year

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/nfl-world-reacts-to-new-detroit-lions-helmets/ar-AA1cQOIG?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=81680db7436b4ae68543be952a18c767&ei=13
The KING is in the building

Painter

True Blue

No

With that said, I would be all for making the old GIANTS logo what we use again.

I do like throwback jerseys however, which I guess makes me a hypocrite since they include the old logo helmet, lol

ozzie

I am not a fan. To me Alternate Helmets, "Third" jerseys, throwback jerseys, retro jerseys or whatever else they come up with, are just money grabs in every sport.
"I'll probably buy a helmet too because my in-laws are already buying batteries."
— Joe Judge on returning to Philadelphia, his hometown, as a head coach

"...until we start winning games, words are meaningless."
John Mara

CVA14

Jaime

zephirus

I do enjoy them, but I think a couple times a year is more than enough.  The GIANTS is a favorite of mine and frankly I prefer it to the NY.  Some other teams around the league have fun ones that are amusing to see them break out once a year or so.  The Patriots with the Minuteman center, the Titans wearing the Oiler helmet.  The creamsicle Buc uniform or the Orange Crush Broncos. 

I don't enjoy them enough to buy merchandise, but it's a fun game-day add when it's done a couple times a year.

spiderblue43

Well the GIANTS logo is fine as an alternative. I have always liked the ny look too. But no generally, especially on the college level,which has gotten absurd.

Maybe Painter could model the Mel Hein Era helmet?  :laugh:

bighitterdalama

No, with the caveat that I do like the 1980s/1990s throw back helmets.

y_so_blu

If it's non-Giants, I don't really care either way.

But I like our GIANTS alternate very much.