News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

NGT: Do YOU like Kyler Murray?

Started by brownelvis54, June 21, 2023, 10:47:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

brownelvis54

I don't. My perception of him is not very good. Draft #1 in the 2019 draft, he was to turn around the Cardinals franchise, but they seem to be headed in the wrong direction. I must admit I am not a fan of small QBs. I am also not a fan of players that come of as selfish. There are QBs that yell at there players, Rodgers and Brady come to mind. Kyler Murray is another example. Say what you want about Eli, Payton, Tony Romo and yes...our very own Daniel Jones. These guys I have not seen them throw another player under the bus and have taken the blame (even when the blame shouldn't have been on them at the time) Brady and Rodgers are winners and I am not justifying their behavior, they produced wins.

Kyler Murray IMO had the benefits of having a very good defense and some of the better weapons in the NFC and what has he done? It would be funny if the Giants got the best QB in the 2019 draft. In fact I would put my money on him over Murray.

Am I wrong? A homer? How far do you see Murray going before his career is over? Super Bowl rings?

https://youtu.be/WD0aN8N5St8
The KING is in the building

uconnjack8

Not sure exactly why I feel this way but I see Murray mentally as a baseball player not a football player.

Ed Vette

"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

Philosophers

DaveBrown74

Obviously in 2022 Murray got hurt, but if you take a step back, forget about perceptions and media coverage etc, and just look at the numbers, he did pretty darn well in 2020 and 2021. 94.3 and 100.6 ratings in those years respectively, averaged 25 passing TDs a season for those two years, was close to 4,000 passing yards in both years, and had 16 rushing touchdowns on top of the passing numbers and was a beast in general on the ground. Not exactly bad for a 23/24 year old.

With that said there are clearly concerns with him. He brings some drama to the table and you worry about durability. I do think he has ability though. I mean if Jones put up the above numbers we'd be doing cartwheels here. So I would say my feelings on Murray are no less than "mixed."

MightyGiants

Murray is lazy by QB standards.   The fact that the Cards felt the need for a homework clause in his contact should have been all the red flag they needed not to re-sign him.   A QB must be among the hardest working players on the team, that is non-negotiable.
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Painter

Whether or not I like Kyler Murray is of no consequence, and it isn't clear why it would be for any us Giants fans. That said, he doesn't seem very popular with fans in general, and perhaps not even those on his own team. Whether it's due to arrogance, selfishness, durability issues or all three, the Cardinals do seem to have a Murray problem.

Cheers!

kartanoman

No. He was one of the reasons for the dumpster fire out here last season. Given his current injury, unless he's found a fire lit underneath him, we won't be seeing him play until mid-season at the earliest. He certainly won't be playing against the Giants in Week #2.

He's made everything here a circus and the only thing, for his sake, is that this time away gives him the opportunity to self-reflect on his career to date and determine if he wants to take it to another level. That all remains to be seen.

No matter how he goes about it, I am generally ambivalent to him, his talents and the Cardinals as a whole.

Peace!

"Dave Jennings was one of the all-time great Giants. He was a valued member of the Giants family for more than 30 years as a player and a broadcaster, and we were thrilled to include him in our Ring of Honor. We will miss him dearly." (John Mara)

Fletch

AZGiantFan

Quote from: Painter on June 22, 2023, 09:35:45 AMWhether or not I like Kyler Murray is of no consequence, and it isn't clear why it would be for any us Giants fans. That said, he doesn't seem very popular with fans in general, and perhaps not even those on his own team. Whether it's due to arrogance, selfishness, durability issues or all three, the Cardinals do seem to have a Murray problem.

Cheers!

Living in AZ I encounter a lot of Cardinal fans, and I can't recall many I've met that have much enthusiasm for him.
I'd rather be a disappointed optimist than a vindicated pessimist. 

Not slowing my roll

Fletch

Then again @AZ living in AZ or going to school there for nearly 4 years I do not recall seeing many Cardinal fans ; or D-back fans ; and certainly no Giants fans. They did like their ASU Sundevils though...

kartanoman

Quote from: Fletch on June 22, 2023, 01:00:11 PMThen again @AZ living in AZ or going to school there for nearly 4 years I do not recall seeing many Cardinal fans ; or D-back fans ; and certainly no Giants fans. They did like their ASU Sundevils though...

As I said before, let me know if you ever head this way and let's tag up. The place doesn't resemble what it used to, anymore. There are fans of all teams here and the Giants are well represented nowadays. But the Packers and Vikings may be equally or even more represented.

The football is now on the western side of town in Glendale off the 101 loop. Used to be nothing but farmlands out here but they're building like crazy and it's becoming like Southern California of the early 1990s. Tempe was getting run down but they're starting to face-lift it and it's coming along.

How about come out for the Giants game on 09/17?

Peace!

"Dave Jennings was one of the all-time great Giants. He was a valued member of the Giants family for more than 30 years as a player and a broadcaster, and we were thrilled to include him in our Ring of Honor. We will miss him dearly." (John Mara)

y_so_blu

No. He's soft, lazy, and looks like an ewok.

spiderblue43

I'll take Murray the Cop from The Odd Couple over Kyler anyday. :laugh: