News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Training Camp Battles

Started by Ed Vette, June 28, 2023, 04:44:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed Vette

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/top-2023-nfl-training-camp-battles-to-watch-49ers-qbs-jets-wrs-among-most-intriguing-competitions/

The most interesting one for me is Anthony Richardson.

As for the Giants, besides the Receivers, it's LG, #2 Corner, #2 RB, Rotational Edge, #2 Safety, #2 ILB and... Backup or Swing Tackle.
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

DaveBrown74

Nice article.

I agree that the Richardson/Minshew battle is an interesting one, although I'll be surprised if Richardson starts in week one. Minshew is a guy who has proven he can more than hold down the fort, and I think that, while everyone acknowledges Richardson's gifts, the general view is that he will likely have a bit of a learning curve in the NFL.

Still, no doubt if Richardson crushes it in camp and preseason games then they probably won't want to wait. What would be the point of waiting (should that happen)?

I actually think of all of these, besides the above, our WR battle is the most interesting. Even though we lack a true number one guy at this position, we are deep with respectable NFL caliber players and (unlike in recent seasons) are going to have to cut a couple of them.