News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Albany Get-Together Memories

Started by Ed Vette, July 11, 2023, 09:02:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed Vette

This was at Rensselaer Park with Harry Carson, the year before he was inducted into the Hall Of Fame.

Anyone else you recognize?
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

Bob In PA

Thanks for remembering to put these up.  It lends a welcome historical perspective, IMO. Bob
If Jeff Hostetler could do it, Daniel Jones can do it !!!

President Rick

Author of: Potomac, Knightime, Conspiracy of Terror, Rogue State, The Neutrality Imperative, Joey Jupiter - Super Sleuth [childrens books], Vigilance and Virtue, Peaceful Warrior, more.

Ed Vette

Quote from: President Rick on July 11, 2023, 09:56:21 AMNice.  Thanks.
I don't know if we all realized how special those times were.
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

Bob In PA

Quote from: Ed Vette on July 11, 2023, 10:05:43 AMI don't know if we all realized how special those times were.
Ed: I think it's human nature (at least as a youth) to not appreciate what we have until it is gone.

When we get a bit older & have something (or nothing) to compare it to, a "light bulb" goes on for many of us.

Apparently, that's just the way things are.

Bob
If Jeff Hostetler could do it, Daniel Jones can do it !!!

MightyGiants

We were so much younger than...
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Jclayton92

@MightyGiants which week are you going to camp this year? Also what they did to fam fest Is just wrong. They basically turned it into a kids event.

MightyGiants

Quote from: Jclayton92 on July 11, 2023, 02:45:47 PM@MightyGiants which week are you going to camp this year? Also what they did to fam fest Is just wrong. They basically turned it into a kids event.

My attendance at camp will depend on ticket availability (they go on "sale" the day after tomorrow).
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

DaveBrown74

I may be mis-remembering, but last year weren't people saying something changed where if you attend, you have no protection from direct sunlight? If so, that's tough if if the heat is anything like it is now and what the next 7-10 days look like.

MightyGiants

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on July 11, 2023, 03:24:20 PMI may be mis-remembering, but last year weren't people saying something changed where if you attend, you have no protection from direct sunlight? If so, that's tough if if the heat is anything like it is now and what the next 7-10 days look like.

Only the first year that camp was held at the Giants facilities were the bleachers unprotected.   Sice then, every year (including last year) has the same large tents over the stands (providing ample protection from the sun)
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Ed Vette

It's waiting in line that's a killer. Get there early.
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

Jclayton92

They took the fan fest and made it a movie night.