News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Four released

Started by MightyGiants, July 24, 2023, 04:42:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MightyGiants

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Jclayton92

Man they just won't stop dropping Dre Miller. I think he has real potential if he can stay healthy.

uconnjack8

Just saw that Elerson Smith and Trenton Simpson Thompson were released as well.

uconnjack8

"In addition to running back Saquon Barkley signing his franchise tag, the New York Giants added outside linebacker Tashawn Bower to the roster as the team reports for training camp.

In corresponding moves, the Giants waived/injured outside linebacker Elerson Smith and waived defensive back Trenton Thompson."

https://www.giants.com/news/tashawn-bower-elerson-smith-trenton-thompson-raiders-vikings-patriots-lsu

uconnjack8

MightyGiants

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Jclayton92

Man I hope ES can clear waivers.

Slugsy-Narrows

Quote from: Jclayton92 on July 25, 2023, 02:46:42 PMMan I hope ES can clear waivers.

Why?

He has brought absolutely nothing to the table?  If wrapped in bubble rap I think he still gets hurt.

DaveBrown74

Quote from: Slugsy-Narrows on July 25, 2023, 03:34:32 PMWhy?

He has brought absolutely nothing to the table?  If wrapped in bubble rap I think he still gets hurt.

Agreed. Not only was he a 2021 draft pick who has barely played, but he also missed a year of football before that. He hasn't played a full season of competitive football since 2019. Plus he played against small-time competition and was always going to be a project in the NFL.

He's 25 years old now. Roster spots are precious. The team can't wait around forever - time to move on. I support the decision.

brownelvis54

I was really high on Smith. But I agree, its time to move on
The KING is in the building

True Blue

Smith was a waste of a pick, thank you Gettleman

Jclayton92

Quote from: Slugsy-Narrows on July 25, 2023, 03:34:32 PMWhy?

When I was in training camp last year he was dominant in the reps he got. If you go back to reports from training camp last season he was really disruptive and was taking to Martindales defense really well. Yes he's injured currently and has been but his upside is 10× that of some random guy that isn't going to make it. So yeah if there's a chance he recovers I am all for him over some 10 year guy that hops from 90 man to 90 man.

Slugsy-Narrows

Quote from: Jclayton92 on July 25, 2023, 04:20:23 PMWhen I was in training camp last year he was dominant in the reps he got. If you go back to reports from training camp last season he was really disruptive and was taking to Martindales defense really well. Yes he's injured currently and has been but his upside is 10× that of some random guy that isn't going to make it. So yeah if there's a chance he recovers I am all for him over some 10 year guy that hops from 90 man to 90 man.

Dominant against who LY?  Which team was he on the 1s, 2s or 3s?

If you tell me he is getting 1st team reps and blowing up our 1st team offense maybe I'll say ok maybe you are right, (even though our 1s on O aren't the best gage at times)

With that said I don't remember hearing his name once in a PS game or regular season game in a positive way.

I thought he had upside.  He can't stay healthy!  Want to stash in on IR and hope to do it again Next year have at it.

But we need players who can play and not made of glass.  We need to put those days behind us.  Some players maybe you bank on a bit cause they are proven.  He isn't.

DaveBrown74

Quote from: Slugsy-Narrows on July 25, 2023, 04:36:19 PMDominant against who LY?  Which team was he on the 1s, 2s or 3s?

If you tell me he is getting 1st team reps and blowing up our 1st team offense maybe I'll say ok maybe you are right, (even though our 1s on O aren't the best gage at times)

With that said I don't remember hearing his name once in a PS game or regular season game in a positive way.

I thought he had upside.  He can't stay healthy!  Want to stash in on IR and hope to do it again Next year have at it.

But we need players who can play and not made of glass.  We need to put those days behind us.  Some players maybe you bank on a bit cause they are proven.  He isn't.

Seems like another Sam Beal type. Maybe he has a better attitude than Beal but who cares if he can't stay on the field? Can't wait around forever for these guys and cling. Need to develop our guys who can actually play.

MightyGiants

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE