News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

How did the Barkley situation turn into the latest smear campaign against Jones?

Started by shadowspinner0, July 25, 2023, 02:26:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

shadowspinner0

It seems there been 3 sides to this Barkley thing. Some think he's greedy, some think he deserves his money and blames Jones getting his money for Barkley not being paid. And instead of running backs not having much value, when it comes to the Giants, all the media is talking about is "how much Daniel Jones is overrated and Barkley is the offense". Why is Jones the only QB who gets blamed for their players being paid?

Ed Vette

It's good motivation for Jones to finally prove his detractors wrong.
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

Jclayton92

Whos saying anything about Jones? Besides the NBC article Ed shared in another thread that briefly mentioned Jones,I haven't heard his name mentioned in all of this.

FL GMAN

I saw it this morning with ESPN talking heads particularly Ryan Clark bad mouthing Jones as if he is the reason Barley was in this situation. I had also heard it on talk radio over the last few days.

Jolly Blue Giant

The talking heads will be criticizing Jones even if he wins a Super Bowl. They act like they have a lot invested in previous criticism, so they just can't seem to let it go. It is what it is. Jones the "under-estimated" is a damn good QB - his coaches know it, his teammates know it, and so do a lot of fans
The joke I told yesterday was so funny that,
apparently, HR wants to hear it tomorrow  :laugh:

DJN

The same people whining about Jones's contract are the same ones who said to just pay Lamar Jackson !!

AZGiantFan

Quote from: Jclayton92 on July 25, 2023, 02:48:47 PMWhos saying anything about Jones? Besides the NBC article Ed shared in another thread that briefly mentioned Jones,I haven't heard his name mentioned in all of this.

Lots of the profoundly stupid talking heads have made this connection.  Plus when Jones first signed there was talk of the contract creating a Barkley problem.

Honestly for the past few weeks it is as if the national media have been in a circle around Barkley and Schoen chanting "Fight!, Fight!, Fight!".  I'm glad they got disappointed.
I'd rather be a disappointed optimist than a vindicated pessimist. 

Not slowing my roll

katkavage

More silly drama that has nothing to do with football on the field. Jones is a big boy. I'm sure he couldn't care less. At least I hope he doesn't.

beaugestus

Who cares what these hacks say. I don't pay attention. If you don't realize at this point that in the present NFL Offenses run through the QB, I don't know what to say. Obviously, Daboll and Schoen feel that DJ is going to be a good QB and it was important for them to lock him up going forward. Is it his fault that the trend in the importance of the RB position has diminished throughout the whole league?

Not everyone giving a venue to air their opinions is worthy of it.

T200

Quote from: beaugestus on July 27, 2023, 09:45:09 AMWho cares what these hacks say. I don't pay attention. If you don't realize at this point that in the present NFL Offenses run through the QB, I don't know what to say. Obviously, Daboll and Schoen feel that DJ is going to be a good QB and it was important for them to lock him up going forward. Is it his fault that the trend in the importance of the RB position has diminished throughout the whole league?

Not everyone giving a venue to air their opinions is worthy of it.
Exactly! And just because they have a vehicle to air them, they aren't any better or worse than ours. As the saying goes, "Opinions are like buttholes; everyone has one and they all stink."
:dance: :Giants:  ALL HAIL THE NEW YORK GIANTS!!!  :Giants: :dance:

zephirus

Someone should ask Ryan Clark what his thoughts are about Justin Herbert getting paid while the Chargers refuse to renegotiate with Austin Ekeler.  And they should follow that up with how he feels about Zeke Elliot getting the boot from the Cowboys while Tony Pollard got tagged. 

Bob In PA

Quote from: zephirus on July 27, 2023, 10:46:07 AMSomeone should ask Ryan Clark what his thoughts are about Justin Herbert getting paid while the Chargers refuse to renegotiate with Austin Ekeler.  And they should follow that up with how he feels about Zeke Elliot getting the boot from the Cowboys while Tony Pollard got tagged. 
Lee: Clever post, IMO. Not intending to insult you but... we seem to share the same brain about lots of stuff. Bob
If Jeff Hostetler could do it, Daniel Jones can do it !!!

spiderblue43

Problem is there is a glut of "football" click bait; stir up non-truths that fill air time.Jones had to be paid lest have some team swoop in. And the Barkley fight club was motivated by potential ratings being the Giants..not that they were  unfair.

Barkley was just mindless..and Schoen did a very professional job protecting the club from over sentimentality.

Fletch

Quote from: spiderblue43 on July 27, 2023, 12:28:32 PMProblem is there is a glut of "football" click bait; stir up non-truths that fill air time.Jones had to be paid lest have some team swoop in.

Who could that be? WHo would pay Daniel Jones 40 mil a year for 4 years?

AFC EAST

Buffalo Bills -- No obvious

Miami Dolphins -- No obvious

New England Patriots -- Maybe but not for anywhere near that kind of money

New York Jets -- No obvious

AFC NORTH

Cincinnati Bengals -- No obvious

Baltimore Ravens -- No obvious

Pittsburgh Steelers __ Have a new QB on a rookie deal so why Jones

Cleveland Browns -- No obvious
AFC SOUTH

Jacksonville Jaguars --No obvious

Tennessee Titans -- have a better QB already and just drafted Levis

Indianapolis Colts -- Just spent a high draft pick on a rookie

Houston Texans -- Just spent a high draft pick on a rookie

Kansas City Chiefs -- No Obvious

Los Angeles Chargers -- No Obvious

Las Vegas Raiders -- They have Jimmy G , a better QB on a better deal for like 1/2 the money. So why would they spend 40 mil on Daniel Jones as a good back up?

Denver Broncos -- no obvious
National Football Conference
NFC EAST
* --
Philadelphia Eagl
Dallas Cowboys - No obvious

Washington Commanders -- Starting a rookie deal QB and have a similar QB as a back up at 1/4 the cost
Minnesota Vikings -- No obvious

Detroit Lions _ No obvious
Green Bay Packers -- Maybe but I just can't see them signing him for that kind of money after moving away from Rodgers

Chicago Bears -- no Fields still on a rookie deal and is more promising than Jones
NFC SOUTH

Tampa Bay Buccaneers -- maybe I can see that but w Bakek not even pulling 5 mil in the coming season and arguably a better QB -- I Just don't see it.

Carolina Panthers -- High draft pick on a QB so no
New Orleans Saints -- no obvious
Atlanta Falcons
NFC WEST
z --
SF
San Francisco 49ers -- already have like 3 QBs
Seattle Seahawks -- preferred Andrew Locke to Jones during trade scenario for R Wilson so no

Los Angeles Rams -- maybe but not for that kind of money why not just keep Stafford then?
Arizona Cardinals -- no obvious

True Blue

Quote from: Fletch on July 27, 2023, 02:42:47 PMWho could that be? WHo would pay Daniel Jones 40 mil a year for 4 years?

AFC EAST

Buffalo Bills -- No obvious

Miami Dolphins -- No obvious

New England Patriots -- Maybe but not for anywhere near that kind of money

New York Jets -- No obvious

AFC NORTH

Cincinnati Bengals -- No obvious

Baltimore Ravens -- No obvious

Pittsburgh Steelers __ Have a new QB on a rookie deal so why Jones

Cleveland Browns -- No obvious
AFC SOUTH

Jacksonville Jaguars --No obvious

Tennessee Titans -- have a better QB already and just drafted Levis

Indianapolis Colts -- Just spent a high draft pick on a rookie

Houston Texans -- Just spent a high draft pick on a rookie

Kansas City Chiefs -- No Obvious

Los Angeles Chargers -- No Obvious

Las Vegas Raiders -- They have Jimmy G , a better QB on a better deal for like 1/2 the money. So why would they spend 40 mil on Daniel Jones as a good back up?

Denver Broncos -- no obvious
National Football Conference
NFC EAST
* --
Philadelphia Eagl
Dallas Cowboys - No obvious

Washington Commanders -- Starting a rookie deal QB and have a similar QB as a back up at 1/4 the cost
Minnesota Vikings -- No obvious

Detroit Lions _ No obvious
Green Bay Packers -- Maybe but I just can't see them signing him for that kind of money after moving away from Rodgers

Chicago Bears -- no Fields still on a rookie deal and is more promising than Jones
NFC SOUTH

Tampa Bay Buccaneers -- maybe I can see that but w Bakek not even pulling 5 mil in the coming season and arguably a better QB -- I Just don't see it.

Carolina Panthers -- High draft pick on a QB so no
New Orleans Saints -- no obvious
Atlanta Falcons
NFC WEST
z --
SF
San Francisco 49ers -- already have like 3 QBs
Seattle Seahawks -- preferred Andrew Locke to Jones during trade scenario for R Wilson so no

Los Angeles Rams -- maybe but not for that kind of money why not just keep Stafford then?
Arizona Cardinals -- no obvious

What? (to the bolded)

You also left the Falcons blank, if you want to spread your hatred of Jones, at least see it to completion for the one teams not mentioned.