News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

How did the Barkley situation turn into the latest smear campaign against Jones?

Started by shadowspinner0, July 25, 2023, 02:26:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

spiderblue43

The point is moot.. And the money spent on Jones isn't a hinderment down the road..plus the salary cap jump soon. Pundits seem to be wed to DJ decrying  So what.

Lol Baker Mayfield better than Jones
 Only his 4th team hitched to with
 Tampa Yikes.

AZGiantFan

I'd rather be a disappointed optimist than a vindicated pessimist. 

Not slowing my roll

madbadger

Quote from: shadowspinner0 on July 25, 2023, 02:26:51 PMIt seems there been 3 sides to this Barkley thing. Some think he's greedy, some think he deserves his money and blames Jones getting his money for Barkley not being paid. And instead of running backs not having much value, when it comes to the Giants, all the media is talking about is "how much Daniel Jones is overrated and Barkley is the offense". Why is Jones the only QB who gets blamed for their players being paid?

Jones is guilty of the cardinal sin of being boring in the eyes of media. It makes him easy to rag on.  The giants
Had enough money to give Barkley what he wanted after extending Jones. They felt the market for running backs wasn't what Barkley's camp thought it was. Jones had nothing to do with it.

B1GBLUE

Quote from: Jclayton92 on July 25, 2023, 02:48:47 PMWhos saying anything about Jones? Besides the NBC article Ed shared in another thread that briefly mentioned Jones,I haven't heard his name mentioned in all of this.

A healthy amount of people on the facebook pages are stating this. Not that it means anything. I tell them, the same reason barkley is "underpaid" is the same reason jones is "overpaid". Market value. Your position pays what it pays.

I do agree maybe running backs should have some type of supplementary compensation considering they easily take the most wear and tear and have the shortest life span of any position. Its hard for them to get a lucrative second contract. But... it is what it is. If they all worked on becoming better receivers they may get mccaffrey type money. Barkley has regressed as a receiver with lots of bad drops over the last couple years. Also, 7 million dollars is still more than most people will make in the course of their lifetime. I understand its frustrating watching other guys on the field make 3x what you make, but you should still be grateful for making more than 90% of americas yearly salary for 1 hour of football.

Fletch

Quote from: True Blue on July 27, 2023, 03:07:17 PMWhat? (to the bolded)

You also left the Falcons blank, if you want to spread your hatred of Jones, at least see it to completion for the one teams not mentioned.

OK fine.
Atl Falcons  -- High draft pick on a QB so no

So for bolded part

The Seahawks received calls from the Giants, Commanders, Saints and Broncos about Wilson, ultimately wanting to trade him Denver because they wanted quarterback Drew Lock back in the deal. Lock then lost the competition to Geno Smith this preseason.

https://nypost.com/2022/09/08/russell-wilson-seahawks-divorce-was-even-messier-than-thought/

Right but SHoen had this Magic epiphany after watching 1 season and Coach Caroll says he is watching the next Josh Allen right before his eyes.  Right :no:

Not only that But for some odd reason Jones making millions of dollars more than he should be making is a-ook but, Barkley just did probably the worst signing of any star player I can think of in any sport , but that is just great. Better to save that monet for some great free agent to help out the team  :confused:

Jclayton92

Quote from: Fletch on July 28, 2023, 12:16:41 PMOK fine.
Atl Falcons  -- High draft pick on a QB so no

So for bolded part

The Seahawks received calls from the Giants, Commanders, Saints and Broncos about Wilson, ultimately wanting to trade him Denver because they wanted quarterback Drew Lock back in the deal. Lock then lost the competition to Geno Smith this preseason.

https://nypost.com/2022/09/08/russell-wilson-seahawks-divorce-was-even-messier-than-thought/

Right but SHoen had this Magic epiphany after watching 1 season and Coach Caroll says he is watching the next Josh Allen right before his eyes.  Right :no:

Not only that But for some odd reason Jones making millions of dollars more than he should be making is a-ook but, Barkley just did probably the worst signing of any star player I can think of in any sport , but that is just great. Better to save that monet for some great free agent to help out the team  :confused:
You do realize Schoen had the Giants Job all of a month when he made that call and why wouldn't he? You call every team and listen to every offer... not quite sure the point you're making...

AZGiantFan

Quote from: B1GBLUE on July 28, 2023, 08:08:10 AMI understand its frustrating watching other guys on the field make 3x what you make, but you should still be grateful for making more than 90% of americas yearly salary for 1 hour of football.

IMO, one of the surest ways to make yourself an unhappy person is to compare your situation to other people's situation.  Not just in football, but in life.
I'd rather be a disappointed optimist than a vindicated pessimist. 

Not slowing my roll