News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

NGT - QB Justin Herbert signs multi-year contract

Started by DaveBrown74, July 25, 2023, 07:05:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

uconnjack8

DaveBrown74

Quote from: uconnjack8 on July 25, 2023, 07:09:04 PMWow, what is Burrow going to get?

It's a lot, but it's about the same as Lamar from an AAV perspective. I'd take Herbert over Lamar any day of the week.

We need to see the guarantees obviously, but we know it won't be more than Watson's guarantee.

I think Burrow will be close to $60mm per. Gun to my head, $57.5mm maybe?

Jclayton92

Treyveon Diggs just signed an extension as well. 5yr 97 million that can be 104 million. It doesn't even reset the cb market and puts him between 4th and 5th highest CBs.

1. Jared Alexander
2. Denzel Ward
3. Jalen Ramsey
4. Marlon Humphreys
5. Treyveon Diggs
6. Marshon Lattimore

Rambo89

"The Giants will never win a championship with Saquon Barkley" 4/26/18

Jaime

After I saw a couple of Bolts games, I knew they had a very special youngster at QB :o

AYM

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on July 25, 2023, 07:17:21 PMIt's a lot, but it's about the same as Lamar from an AAV perspective. I'd take Herbert over Lamar any day of the week.

We need to see the guarantees obviously, but we know it won't be more than Watson's guarantee.

I think Burrow will be close to $60mm per. Gun to my head, $57.5mm maybe?

Part of me thinks Burrow might take a "hometown discount" and come in around $50mm/year based on some comments he's made about wanting to make sure the team stays intact under the cap.

DaveBrown74

"Hometown discount" is one of the bigger myths, or at least overused terms, in the NFL. How many times have we heard Giants fans use this phrase expecting Giant players who are up for contracts to go easy on the team and not try to squeeze every last penny, only for that not to be the case? Leo and Barkley are just two recent examples of this.

Hometown discounts are given by guys like a 42 year old Tom Brady in Tampa because he already has a nine figure net worth and he's putting together the perfect team to win one more Super Bowl (which he did). You don't see young kids do it. No chance Burrow won't be the highest paid QB once he signs his contract is signed.

JT39

Justin Herbert is an Uber-talented QB with a lot of great pieces surrounding him. One of them is not however their head coach. He has been a huge liability. They have the talent to compete for the grand prize.

But now the pressure is on even more on Hebert. The collapse last year may not have been his fault (I don't believe it was) but it's time for him to win some playoff games.

DaveBrown74

Quote from: JT39 on July 26, 2023, 07:15:37 PMJustin Herbert is an Uber-talented QB with a lot of great pieces surrounding him. One of them is not however their head coach. He has been a huge liability. They have the talent to compete for the grand prize.

But now the pressure is on even more on Hebert. The collapse last year may not have been his fault (I don't believe it was) but it's time for him to win some playoff games.

I agree. I'm amazed Staley is still the coach there.