News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

NGT Rodgers takes a big pay cut

Started by MightyGiants, July 26, 2023, 05:49:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MightyGiants

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

DaveBrown74

Obviously it's incredibly early and you can't read too much into anything until the regular season, but all the early buzz around Rodgers at camp and with the way he has been carrying himself and looking in practices has been extremely positive.

Unlike a lot of Giants fans I actually want the Jets to do well (other than when they're playing us). I have a lot of friends who are Jets fans, and I feel like it's a loyal fan base and this team has been pitiful for many decades now. I wouldn't mind seeing them be good.

AZGiantFan

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on July 26, 2023, 05:55:09 PMObviously it's incredibly early and you can't read too much into anything until the regular season, but all the early buzz around Rodgers at camp and with the way he has been carrying himself and looking in practices has been extremely positive.

Unlike a lot of Giants fans I actually want the Jets to do well (other than when they're playing us). I have a lot of friends who are Jets fans, and I feel like it's a loyal fan base and this team has been pitiful for many decades now. I wouldn't mind seeing them be good.

How awesome would a Giants - Jets Superbowl be?
I'd rather be a disappointed optimist than a vindicated pessimist. 

Not slowing my roll

Ed Vette

It would be exciting to have both teams in the playoffs with a chance to meet up in the SB.
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

uconnjack8

Guess he gave the opposite of the home team discount? 

Ed Vette

Third year a killer but they think they can win now.
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

President Rick

IMO the NY area and national endorsements should be a tad better than when he was in GBay.
Author of: Potomac, Knightime, Conspiracy of Terror, Rogue State, The Neutrality Imperative, Joey Jupiter - Super Sleuth [childrens books], Vigilance and Virtue, Peaceful Warrior, more.

Jclayton92

And the very next day after gaining that space Dalvin Cook is in for a visit.

DaveBrown74

Quote from: Jclayton92 on July 27, 2023, 11:26:17 AMAnd the very next day after gaining that space Dalvin Cook is in for a visit.

Do we know if Cook has a serious chance of being suspended? I thought I read he is dealing with significant off the field issues right now. Maybe I'm not remembering right though.

Rambo89

I'm amazed at how much Rodgers has taken to NY.  For his sake I hope it works out because if it doesn't Jet fans and the media are going to turn on him in an instant.
"The Giants will never win a championship with Saquon Barkley" 4/26/18

Jclayton92

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on July 27, 2023, 12:10:02 PMDo we know if Cook has a serious chance of being suspended? I thought I read he is dealing with significant off the field issues right now. Maybe I'm not remembering right though.
OH I'm not sure, just saw he was taking a visit. I thought the Jets had breeze hall, micheal Carter, and some other young backs.

DaveBrown74

Quote from: Jclayton92 on July 27, 2023, 12:34:43 PMOH I'm not sure, just saw he was taking a visit. I thought the Jets had breeze hall, micheal Carter, and some other young backs.

They do, and there has been plenty of talk that they might sign Cook. I think with Breece Hall there is concern about how effective he'll be this season just one year removed from the ACL (or less than a year). Cook makes sense for them. They're all in on the near term obviously, and he'd really make life easier for Rodgers. Would be his Aaron Jones.

Hall is a stud but if he has a year like Barkley did right after his ACL recovery, then they don't have much. Michael Carter is ok but he's not dynamic.

Jclayton92

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on July 27, 2023, 01:02:02 PMThey do, and there has been plenty of talk that they might sign Cook. I think with Breece Hall there is concern about how effective he'll be this season just one year removed from the ACL (or less than a year). Cook makes sense for them. They're all in on the near term obviously, and he'd really make life easier for Rodgers. Would be his Aaron Jones.

Hall is a stud but if he has a year like Barkley did right after his ACL recovery, then they don't have much. Michael Carter is ok but he's not dynamic.
I can see that completely. I'm not sure how their line is but I can see their skills and d are loaded. Hopefully they are working the kinks out by the time we see them.

MagicRat

The Lodgers don't really bother me, I have nothing like the antipathy towards them I do for Dallas and Philli.
Other than during the Rex Ryan years ("He knows my name now!").

And Rodgers doesn't inspire much dislike within me either.
He's a bit odd and hugely single minded, but there's plenty others I dislike more.

Getting a bit ahead of myself but a Subway-Bowl Superbowl would be awesome.
Smell my cheese you mother!

AZGiantFan

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on July 27, 2023, 12:10:02 PMDo we know if Cook has a serious chance of being suspended? I thought I read he is dealing with significant off the field issues right now. Maybe I'm not remembering right though.

It's possible but probably unlikely.  It is a civil case, not criminal, and Cook countersued his accuser and her attorneys.  And earlier in the year the judge ruled that Cook had produced enough evidence to allow him to amend his complaint to request punitive damages from the accuser and her attorneys.

https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profootballtalk/rumor-mill/news/dalvin-cook-is-quietly-scoring-victories-in-his-off-field-legal-case
I'd rather be a disappointed optimist than a vindicated pessimist. 

Not slowing my roll