News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

NGT - Potentially serious injury to Joe Burrow

Started by DaveBrown74, July 27, 2023, 04:44:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DaveBrown74

Jclayton92

If some teams lose their starter would you be OK with tyrod being traded?

DaveBrown74

Quote from: Jclayton92 on July 27, 2023, 04:49:53 PMIf some teams lose their starter would you be OK with tyrod being traded?

Not really, unless it is for some insane offer. Is there another QB on this team besides DeVito (who clearly stinks)?

Thin Blue Line

No idea how serious the injury might be.  I immediately thought of his ACL repair, but multiple media outlets are reporting the injury to be calf related. 

DaveBrown74

Quote from: Thin Blue Line on July 27, 2023, 04:53:26 PMNo idea how serious the injury might be.  I immediately thought of his ACL repair, but multiple media outlets are reporting the injury to be calf related.

Yes. He grabbed his calf. Honestly not sure. Looked like non-contact though, which is almost always a really bad sign.

spiderblue43

He's one of my favorite players. Non contact injuries scare me. Darn  Hope it isn't season ending.

Jclayton92

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on July 27, 2023, 04:52:47 PMNot really, unless it is for some insane offer. Is there another QB on this team besides DeVito (who clearly stinks)?
Exactly my thought. Plus what he brings off the field obviously helped as well this past season.

Ed Vette

"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

JT39

Taylor said it's his calf. That being said - any strain to the calf is still a pretty serious injury. I doubt you won't see him until week 1.

Bengals are a fun team. Their rivalry with KC is always fun to follow.

MightyGiants

The reports I am seeing is they are calling it a calf injury
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

DaveBrown74

Quote from: MightyGiants on July 27, 2023, 05:21:04 PMThe reports I am seeing is they are calling it a calf injury

Assuming it's not an achilles and is just the calf, what is the worst case scenario?

MightyGiants

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on July 27, 2023, 05:27:00 PMAssuming it's not an achilles and is just the calf, what is the worst case scenario?

Calf injuries can be tricky.  He could be out a couple of weeks or a couple of months.   I guess the plus is that he's a QB.  Unless the QB is a run first QB, they don't stress their calves as much as other positions.
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

DaveBrown74

Quote from: MightyGiants on July 27, 2023, 05:29:52 PMCalf injuries can be tricky.  He could be out a couple of weeks or a couple of months.   I guess the plus is that he's a QB.  Unless the QB is a run first QB, they don't stress their calves as much as other positions.

Right, well even if it's a couple months, while that's far from ideal, it's not a total disaster. An early October start to the season is enough to save the Bengals' season.

Obviously I'm just a layperson on this topic, but I can't recall a calf injury that forced someone to miss a full season.

Trench

I don't understand these non contact injuries because it seemed years ago this didn't happen.

Ed Vette

Calf's can be a result of improper hydration.
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin