News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

NGT - Potentially serious injury to Joe Burrow

Started by DaveBrown74, July 27, 2023, 04:44:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

uconnjack8

Jalen Ramsey got injured today as well and will need knee surgery.

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1684704668801175552

AZGiantFan

Seeing these practice injuries sparked a question in my mind.  When the Giants replaced the turf in the stadium did the do so on the practice fields as well.  It seems like it would be good to practice on the same turf you play on.
I'd rather be a disappointed optimist than a vindicated pessimist. 

Not slowing my roll

Jclayton92

Quote from: AZGiantFan on July 27, 2023, 07:49:01 PMSeeing these practice injuries sparked a question in my mind.  When the Giants replaced the turf in the stadium did the do so on the practice fields as well.  It seems like it would be good to practice on the same turf you play on.
Yes both stadium and practice field. Detroit has the same turf when we go practice there later in camp.

AZGiantFan

Quote from: Jclayton92 on July 27, 2023, 07:57:12 PMYes both stadium and practice field. Detroit has the same turf when we go practice there later in camp.

Thanks
I'd rather be a disappointed optimist than a vindicated pessimist. 

Not slowing my roll

DaveBrown74

I haven't seen any definitive prognosis, but it seems like Burrow suffered a "calf strain." That doesn't sound like anything that is going to sideline him for too long. You'd think he'd certainly be good to go for week one assuming that's definitely all it was.

WheresDayne

Calf injuries always bother me.  They seem minor but it seems like every time they're cleared to play, they tweak it and miss more time and the thing seems to drag on forever.  I hope it's a quick recovery, he's one of the new faces of the NFL.

Ed Vette

Quote from: AZGiantFan on July 27, 2023, 07:49:01 PMSeeing these practice injuries sparked a question in my mind.  When the Giants replaced the turf in the stadium did the do so on the practice fields as well.  It seems like it would be good to practice on the same turf you play on.
The practice field is still grass.

https://www.si.com/nfl/giants/news/metlife-stadium-quest-diagnostics-training-center-switching-to-new-turf
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

Jclayton92

Quote from: Ed Vette on July 28, 2023, 08:17:22 AMThe practice field is still grass.

https://www.si.com/nfl/giants/news/metlife-stadium-quest-diagnostics-training-center-switching-to-new-turf
Then is it the indoor training that they converted to turf because the talking Giants guys addressed it the other day.

Ed Vette

Quote from: Jclayton92 on July 28, 2023, 09:28:24 AMThen is it the indoor training that they converted to turf because the talking Giants guys addressed it the other day.
According to the article it's the indoor facility. May not be able to tell the difference
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

Jaime

proper stretching prior to any activity can help reduce non-contact injuries.
Doubt very much Burrow stretched his calf muscles thoroughly prior to Practice :no: