News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Practice today

Started by COACHJIM, July 28, 2023, 06:19:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

COACHJIM

Do you think they will practice today in this heat outside or  move it inside
I am a Father of 4 and I have 5 Grandchildren been married for 22 years to the most amazing woman in the world and I am trying to kick my Cancers Ass.Long time Giants fan and 27 year sports official

DaveBrown74

Quote from: COACHJIM on July 28, 2023, 06:19:57 AMDo you think they will practice today in this heat outside or  move it inside

I have been wondering about this too. I know coaches like to practice in heat as much as they can given September games can be very hot and they want to be used to it, but you have to put safety above all else.

Jaime

Usually the workload is adjusted in high heat and humidity. As mentioned, there is value in working in the heat.
These days the Staff is well prepared to deal with high Heat & Humidity. Recovery shakes are perfected to a science. Custom designed shakes  taken immediately after Practice, make a huge difference no matter the physique of the Player.
That said Dave, I've been to 1:00 pm Games in September that were just plain brutal to sit through. Plus, there's the added 10 degrees or so, generated by the Turf Field for the Players to deal with. I'm always astounded at how the OL can withstand such high Heat & Humidity.

MightyGiants

Quote from: Jaime on July 29, 2023, 01:33:57 AMUsually the workload is adjusted in high heat and humidity. As mentioned, there is value in working in the heat.
These days the Staff is well prepared to deal with high Heat & Humidity. Recovery shakes are perfected to a science. Custom designed shakes  taken immediately after Practice, make a huge difference no matter the physique of the Player.
That said Dave, I've been to 1:00 pm Games in September that were just plain brutal to sit through. Plus, there's the added 10 degrees or so, generated by the Turf Field for the Players to deal with. I'm always astounded at how the OL can withstand such high Heat & Humidity.

The team definitely dialed things back a bit due to the heat
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE