News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Listening to Barkley's presser it sure sounds like he got Carl Bank's message

Started by MightyGiants, July 28, 2023, 08:48:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MightyGiants

Banks' message to Barkley was, "Don't be a principled fool."  Banks spent a whole podcast explaining to Barkley that his brand and reputation was far more valuable than the few million he was quibbling over in his NFL contract.

Here is Barkley's presser; it sure sounds like he got the message.

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Painter

Quote from: MightyGiants on July 28, 2023, 08:48:05 AMBanks' message to Barkley was, "Don't be a principled fool."  Banks spent a whole podcast explaining to Barkley that his brand and reputation was far more valuable than the few million he was quibbling over in his NFL contract.

You nailed it, Rich. And to use what seems to have become Saquon's "go to' explanation- in which he is not referring to either January 6th- he had an epiphany, which any way you define it means " a sudden recognition of reality"

Cheers!

PSUBeirut

I'm pretty sure he would have come to this realization on his own.  Smart, mature, team leader, and loves the game of football.  This was always how it was going to play out.  I'm getting pretty excited about the potential of this offense under Kafka/Daboll, DJ in year two, and the addition of some legitimate weapons.  It's crazy to me how so short of a time ago we had no inkling of a solid base of young talent to build around and now we're heading into this season with Jones, Dexter, Thomas all locked up in long term deals and now Saquon coming in without further distraction.  Schoen is certainly proving to be a great find so far!

Gmo11

Quote from: PSUBeirut on July 28, 2023, 10:37:10 AMI'm pretty sure he would have come to this realization on his own.  Smart, mature, team leader, and loves the game of football.  This was always how it was going to play out.  I'm getting pretty excited about the potential of this offense under Kafka/Daboll, DJ in year two, and the addition of some legitimate weapons.  It's crazy to me how so short of a time ago we had no inkling of a solid base of young talent to build around and now we're heading into this season with Jones, Dexter, Thomas all locked up in long term deals and now Saquon coming in without further distraction.  Schoen is certainly proving to be a great find so far!

Amazing what a real GM with an actual plan can accomplish.

AZGiantFan

Quote from: MightyGiants on July 28, 2023, 08:48:05 AMBanks' message to Barkley was, "Don't be a principled fool."  Banks spent a whole podcast explaining to Barkley that his brand and reputation was far more valuable than the few million he was quibbling over in his NFL contract.

I agree, I thought he hit the exact right note.  Good job.
I'd rather be a disappointed optimist than a vindicated pessimist. 

Not slowing my roll