News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Two of the NYG rookies going at it

Started by MightyGiants, July 29, 2023, 07:54:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MightyGiants

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

DaveBrown74

Great hands there by Hyatt. Not an easy catch.

On those kinds of plays you worry a lot about tipped balls landing in a safety's hands, so it's nice to see the sure-handedness there.

Jclayton92

Hawkins is going to be something. I could see Hawkins and Owens both starting by the time 2024 rolls around.

Ed Vette

The coverage was outstanding too. He had a hand on him to slow down a go route but released and was like a shadow on the curl. You'll notice that Hyatt didn't show that hitch step he was so criticized for on that route. It was clean and it was beautiful as was the catch.
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

Trench

Great clip. Jones placed it perfectly to give him a chance

Jclayton92

We might need Hawkins sooner rather than later because Banks has been getting beaten really bad in camp non stop. We need significant growth from banks this camp.

Philosophers

A+ effort on the catch, throw and the coverage.  Love that.

I believe that is the difference between Hyatt and Slayton — the hands.

Trench

Why is this 1st round pick getting beaten so easily? Although it's early it does concern me due to him getting beat in man to man. Zone I could understand a learning curve.

Reminds me of stalwart DB 1st round picks Apple and Baker

DaveBrown74

Quote from: Trench on July 29, 2023, 01:00:48 PMWhy is this 1st round pick getting beaten so easily? Although it's early it does concern me due to him getting beat in man to man. Zone I could understand a learning curve.

Reminds me of stalwart DB 1st round picks Apple and Baker

Hawkins was a sixth rounder, no?

Trench

MightyGiants

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

DaveBrown74

madbadger

I thought Hyatt couldn't run a route tree?