News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

NFT: NY Rangers 2023 - 2024 Season

Started by Jaime, August 25, 2023, 12:58:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

EDjohnst1981 and 6 Guests are viewing this topic.

kartanoman

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on February 23, 2024, 03:46:37 PMLove that Lavvy acknowledged the fans. Of all the teams I support, the Rangers' fan base is by far the most loyal. They've had to wait very long time periods in between cups, and the intensity level never wanes.

As for the team, you just can't ask for any better than what we've been getting. Shesty turning the corner is the big story for me, although there are plenty of other great stories as well. I loved the nastiness and physicality last night. That game was a blood-fest! This Remke kid is an animal.

All eyes on the Flyers tomorrow as we go for the tie of the club win record. Let's keep the streak going!

That kid is a goon and a half! You've got to love him! He might be the most exciting physical Ranger I've seen since Nick Fotiu in the 70s! Would love to see him knock some teeth out of the Broadway Bullies!

Peace!

"Dave Jennings was one of the all-time great Giants. He was a valued member of the Giants family for more than 30 years as a player and a broadcaster, and we were thrilled to include him in our Ring of Honor. We will miss him dearly." (John Mara)

files58

I loved the hit on Bastien. I stood and applauded. Not because he was hurt, never want to see that. That hit, and similar hits has been the missing ingredient. Just saw an online blurb where at this time there is no further disciplinary hearing scheduled or called for. It really was a clean hit, arms were down, Bastien was bent over on impact. Rempe is 6'8" he's a very big man being propelled on a frictionless surface. F=MA, Boom! We have our Crash Line. Rempe-Goodrow-Edstrom(6'7"). In a limited amount of exposure I can see that both Rempe, and Edstrom have some hockey skills ability. This is not pure Hanson Bros. stuff. For too long we have needed a Right Wing for Mika and Kreids. Go get old friend DuClair. He proved himself playoff capable from his run with Florida. We need his speed. They need more speed for a very deep run. Carolina, Boston, Florida can all skate. The team coming out of the West will be a fast one. I'm trying to contain my excitement, and optimism(I am a lifelong Ranger fan after all). We've got something brewing here. It's not too early for the fans to start chanting We Want The Cup. LGR.

DaveBrown74

Quote from: files58 on February 24, 2024, 11:47:11 AMI loved the hit on Bastien. I stood and applauded. Not because he was hurt, never want to see that. That hit, and similar hits has been the missing ingredient. Just saw an online blurb where at this time there is no further disciplinary hearing scheduled or called for. It really was a clean hit, arms were down, Bastien was bent over on impact. Rempe is 6'8" he's a very big man being propelled on a frictionless surface. F=MA, Boom! We have our Crash Line. Rempe-Goodrow-Edstrom(6'7"). In a limited amount of exposure I can see that both Rempe, and Edstrom have some hockey skills ability. This is not pure Hanson Bros. stuff. For too long we have needed a Right Wing for Mika and Kreids. Go get old friend DuClair. He proved himself playoff capable from his run with Florida. We need his speed. They need more speed for a very deep run. Carolina, Boston, Florida can all skate. The team coming out of the West will be a fast one. I'm trying to contain my excitement, and optimism(I am a lifelong Ranger fan after all). We've got something brewing here. It's not too early for the fans to start chanting We Want The Cup. LGR.

Duclair is a possibility. So is bringing Vladdy back. Apparently his wife is still in NY. Frankie V has also been brought up.

kartanoman

Quote from: files58 on February 24, 2024, 11:47:11 AMI loved the hit on Bastien. I stood and applauded. Not because he was hurt, never want to see that. That hit, and similar hits has been the missing ingredient. Just saw an online blurb where at this time there is no further disciplinary hearing scheduled or called for. It really was a clean hit, arms were down, Bastien was bent over on impact. Rempe is 6'8" he's a very big man being propelled on a frictionless surface. F=MA, Boom! We have our Crash Line. Rempe-Goodrow-Edstrom(6'7"). In a limited amount of exposure I can see that both Rempe, and Edstrom have some hockey skills ability. This is not pure Hanson Bros. stuff. For too long we have needed a Right Wing for Mika and Kreids. Go get old friend DuClair. He proved himself playoff capable from his run with Florida. We need his speed. They need more speed for a very deep run. Carolina, Boston, Florida can all skate. The team coming out of the West will be a fast one. I'm trying to contain my excitement, and optimism(I am a lifelong Ranger fan after all). We've got something brewing here. It's not too early for the fans to start chanting We Want The Cup. LGR.

You always have been the barometer here and when Rempe took the Islanders, Stars and Devils by storm over this past week, I was wondering what your thoughts were going to be. That opponents are thinking twice before taking the big guy on sealed the deal with my vote and Edstrom's game complements Rempe's nicely. But Edstrom has even more to his game which we haven't seen yet and I think he's going to play a factor as the rest of the season plays out.

Add Toronto to your list above as they're on a six (6) game tear at the moment. Of interest, the Rangers will be playing three (3) of them (i.e. at Toronto next Saturday night 03/02, hosting Florida Monday 03/04 and at Carolina Tuesday 03/12). They also need to take care of St. Louis at home (Sat. 03/09) and another huge matchup at the Garden against the great Connor Hellebuyck and the Winnipeg Jets on 03/19. Then the Bruins on the road (03/21) before a short Mountain Time Zone visit to Colorado and then to my backyard. If they can continue playing the way they are right now, through this final stretch, the finish line looks good with division rivals and a couple of Atlantic division games.

Let's see how they go at their hated rivals this afternoon. Wouldn't mind Rempe rearranging a few Flyers' faces to look like their former goon of a captain, Bobby Clarke.

Peace!

"Dave Jennings was one of the all-time great Giants. He was a valued member of the Giants family for more than 30 years as a player and a broadcaster, and we were thrilled to include him in our Ring of Honor. We will miss him dearly." (John Mara)

Rosehill Jimmy

Saw a somewhat disturbing stat this AM (On the Fly).  Had Blueshirts near the bottom of the league in 5v5 scoring attempts both for and against. Can't remember if it was for the month or YTD
"It is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing"

Giant Obsession

Beware the Torts.

A desperate franchise made a very smart move in hiring him.

and he seems to have full reign in resurrecting them.

Let's hope karma stays away from our doorstep in this one.

I predict the streak will get to 13.
Mike

January 11, 2022  -- The Head Bozo of this Clown Show has spoken.  Five more years of darkness.  The Dark Ages Part 2 continue.

January 4, 2016  -- Dark Ages part 2 is born.

Enjoy every sandwich -- Warren Zevon

kartanoman

Quote from: Giant Obsession on February 24, 2024, 02:55:36 PMBeware the Torts.

A desperate franchise made a very smart move in hiring him.

and he seems to have full reign in resurrecting them.

Let's hope karma stays away from our doorstep in this one.

I predict the streak will get to 13.

Karma is playing to Igor's favor right now. That Philly scoring chance, at the very end, goes in earlier in the year. He has made peace with the hockey gods and they have been there for him the last four or five games. Philly should have scored four today by my count.

Matt Rempe now has a cult following after this game. That fight set the tone and sent a message this Ranger team wasn't going to get pushed around.

These two teams played playoff hockey today and both looked spent after this game. It was everything a hockey game should be and, most important, it was one of the most enjoyable experiences that a fiery pair of old rivals could provide.

Well, that makes 10 in 10. Now, it's time for the dreaded trap game in Columbus tomorrow where they always trip over the laces on their skates. Quickie most likely starts that game, but can they get it up after this tough matchup?

For now, they sit in pole position for the President's Trophy with the night games still to come.

Peace!

spiderblue43

Philly grinded all game and outplayed the Rangerzz..but this squad has poise and powered through.

The opening faceoffs should now have a boxing bell with Rempe. :hurt:

DaveBrown74

Big road win against a quality opponent. I didn't think we played quite as well as what we have seen in some of the recent games, but it was obviously good enough. Rempe has taken this team by storm!

Messiah717

Hopefully they don't suffer a let down with the home and home against Columbus. 

files58

For the first time in my 55+ years as a Ranger fan We. Can. Run. People. I'm looking down the road at the possibility of playing Tampa in Rd 1. We have two wingers that can match Hedman in size, and bang him. The Kempe novelty will soon wear off. Let's see if I'm right about both Kempe, and Edstrom having some hockey skill. Who's the Right Wing we will trade for? Eberle? Tarasenko? Vatrano? DuClair? Is there another?

kartanoman

Quote from: files58 on February 25, 2024, 12:51:59 AMFor the first time in my 55+ years as a Ranger fan We. Can. Run. People. I'm looking down the road at the possibility of playing Tampa in Rd 1. We have two wingers that can match Hedman in size, and bang him. The Kempe novelty will soon wear off. Let's see if I'm right about both Kempe, and Edstrom having some hockey skill. Who's the Right Wing we will trade for? Eberle? Tarasenko? Vatrano? DuClair? Is there another?

Words straight out of the scripture.

Not sure what the odds are for whom Drury is going to go after, but the deal won't include Othmann, that's for certain.

If you're a Hockey fan, in general, yesterday was about as good a lineup of games, quality of action, and results I've witnessed in a long time. Florida needed OT to beat the Caps. An epic battle between Boston and Vancouver went to OT before the latter won it. Toronto edging Colorado to officially make it known to the league they're back and playing tough.

But maybe the most important non-Ranger result was the Dallas Stars regrouping down in Charlotte and outduelling Carolina 2-1. The Canes still have a game in hand and are eight (8) points off the Rangers' 81, which is tied with Boston and a point behind Vancouver (82).

Get through this back to back weekend, where the Rangers have not yet lost the back end this season. Then take it to Columbus at the Garden on Wednesday, and exhale.

March is a tough slate but they'll play the rest of the best plus their division rivals to tune up for the playoffs. Laviolette has kept this season interesting with bringing the kids in now. Let's see if Othmann is in his plan over the next week or two. Also, as for a right winger, everyone is on the edge of their seat so stay tuned.

Time for Quickie in goal today?

Peace!

kartanoman

The winning streak is over. Columbus continues to be a challenging destination for the Rangers, but the Jackets more than outlasted, out-fought, out-played and deserved to win. The Rangers were on their heels all game and not even a solid performance from Quickie helped the cause.

They'll get another crack at Columbus on Wednesday at the Garden, and the damage was mitigated when Buffalo beat Carolina in a shootout.

The 10-win streak was a great run. Now, go start another run.

Peace!

Gmo11

Had to end sometime.  Curious that it was against that crappy Columbus team but hockey is funny like that sometimes.  Plus it feels like they just played 6 games in 8 days or something insane like that so a couple days off should do them well.  Start the next winning streak on Wednesday and get a bit of revenge.