News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

NGT: Cowboys have found a couple of underrated gems

Started by GloryDays, September 02, 2023, 03:30:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jolly Blue Giant

Quote from: Dgoodmantrublu on September 02, 2023, 03:09:12 PMI don't think Mazi Smith was a luxury pick. I think it was a poor player evaluation. They have a need for a truly good DT. He just isn't that.

Judging by Jerry's reaction, he was dead set on getting Kincaid and didn't have a "plan B". His reaction was similar to my reaction when the Eagles jumped us at the last second to take DeVonta Smith. I think Michael Mayer will end up being the best TE taken this year and is about as close to a clone of Witten as there is

They should've snagged the best offensive lineman (O'Cyrus Torrence) or a better DT in Bryan Bresee...or like I said, Mayer

They definitely should have been prepared for the chance they wouldn't get Kincaid. They weren't
The joke I told yesterday was so funny that,
apparently, HR wants to hear it tomorrow  :laugh:

AZGiantFan

Quote from: Jolly Blue Giant on September 02, 2023, 03:01:40 PMThe true measure of any player is the number of times you take your team to the Super Bowl and WIN. Stats for stats' sake mean nothing in the long run. It's like the old argument about who was better, Michael Jordan or Lebron. Jordon brought home six championships, five MVPs, and ten scoring titles. Hard to argue those stats. The answer is Jordan

Another way of expressing a similar thought is when a QB has a team that is good enough to go to the Superbowl but he doesn't take them there.  That was Tony Romo's fatal flaw.

OT: As to Jordan and Lebron, neither.  In my book Bill Russell is the true GOAT.  8 NBA championships in a row, 11 altogether with 2 as player-coach.  With a shifting kaleidescope of teammates from Bob Cousy to John Havlicek.  Completely re-defined the position of center.  Most of his accomplishments in the era of another all-time great, Wilt Chamberlain.  Went on to become one of the best NBA color commentators on ABC's basketball coverage.  All in an era where black men faced more severe challenges than today, while playing in a very racially divided city.  Jordan and Lebron are great, but they pale in comparison to Bill Russell, IMO.  It's a shame that recency bias writes him out of the discussion.
I'd rather be a disappointed optimist than a vindicated pessimist. 

Not slowing my roll

Jolly Blue Giant

Quote from: AZGiantFan on September 02, 2023, 03:38:32 PMAnother way of expressing a similar thought is when a QB has a team that is good enough to go to the Superbowl but he doesn't take them there.  That was Tony Romo's fatal flaw.

OT: As to Jordan and Lebron, neither.  In my book Bill Russell is the true GOAT.  8 NBA championships in a row, 11 altogether with 2 as player-coach.  With a shifting kaleidescope of teammates from Bob Cousy to John Havlicek.  Completely re-defined the position of center.  Most of his accomplishments in the era of another all-time great, Wilt Chamberlain.  Went on to become one of the best NBA color commentators on ABC's basketball coverage.  All in an era where black men faced more severe challenges than today, while playing in a very racially divided city.  Jordan and Lebron are great, but they pale in comparison to Bill Russell, IMO.  It's a shame that recency bias writes him out of the discussion.

I don't disagree. I just hear the current argument of comparing Jordan and Lebron. Younger people argue about those two. To me, I don't really care, just making the point that it's about winning, not personal stats. It's the reason they play the game - that gaudy ring!
The joke I told yesterday was so funny that,
apparently, HR wants to hear it tomorrow  :laugh:

Trench

It's like Don Mattingly and Kirby Pucket ....or Catfish Hunter vs Luis Tiant....the ones who won World Series are in the Hall of Fame - yet Mattingly/Kirby and Catfish/Tiant have basically EXACTLY the same statistics.

Just win baby

Uni

I can imagine Mazi Smith was a consensus pick Jerry was not on board with and led him to make the Trey Lance trade without consulting anyone.

Someone needs to take his keys away

Sent from my SM-S911U using Tapatalk

Slugsy-Narrows

Quote from: Uni on September 02, 2023, 05:28:41 PMI can imagine Mazi Smith was a consensus pick Jerry was not on board with and led him to make the Trey Lance trade without consulting anyone.

Someone needs to take his keys away

Sent from my SM-S911U using Tapatalk

Nooooooo let him keep driving!!!!!!