News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Just did my random FFL Draft. Had 4th selection. Any thoughts?

Started by DragonSoul, September 05, 2023, 12:58:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DragonSoul

QB- Kirk Cousins (Was about to grab DJ, but someone just beat me to it, argh)
WR- Copper Kupp
WR-DJ Moore
RB - Christian McCaffery
RB- Josh Jacobs
TE- Darren Waller
Flex- Brandon Aiyuk
K - Gano
Def - Giants

Bench-
Isiah Pacheco
Christian Kirk
Evan Ingram
AJ Dillion
Jalin Hyatt (maybe a sleeper at middle/end of year, or per matchup)
Russell Wilson ( Cause of the coach)

DaveBrown74

For a team that was clearly drafted by a Giants fan, I'd say you've done a really good job.

MightyGiants

That roster looks pretty good.   How many teams in your league?
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

DragonSoul

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on September 05, 2023, 07:25:20 AMFor a team that was clearly drafted by a Giants fan, I'd say you've done a really good job.
Thanks...

Gano is a top tier kicker if we are going to score more, it just adds to it.

Waller if healthy has a chance to be top 3-5 TE

Giants Def has promise and was a homer pick. Was debating on Jets def, but someone snagged it, so that was gone.

Took a flier on Jalin lol

DragonSoul

Quote from: MightyGiants on September 05, 2023, 09:43:29 AMThat roster looks pretty good.   How many teams in your league?
10 & thanks. First draft in several years. Stopped playing FFL for a while.

But kept doing pickems..

DaveBrown74

Quote from: DragonSoul on September 05, 2023, 11:21:07 AMThanks...

Gano is a top tier kicker if we are going to score more, it just adds to it.

Waller if healthy has a chance to be top 3-5 TE

Giants Def has promise and was a homer pick. Was debating on Jets def, but someone snagged it, so that was gone.

Took a flier on Jalin lol

Agree with all of the above and don't think any of them were bad picks at all. My draft is tonight, and I am planning on drafting Jones if the QBs before him that I'm interested don't fall to me. If Jones throws for 4k plus and something like 28-30 TDs, plus he has 500-plus rushing yards and say 4-5 rushing TDs, he is going way too late for those numbers in drafts.

With kickers I usually like to take dome kickers if I can, ideally on teams with old school coaches who don't like to go for it on 4th down as much, although there is clearly nothing wrong with taking Gano. He is obviously great.

DragonSoul

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on September 05, 2023, 12:12:24 PMAgree with all of the above and don't think any of them were bad picks at all. My draft is tonight, and I am planning on drafting Jones if the QBs before him that I'm interested don't fall to me. If Jones throws for 4k plus and something like 28-30 TDs, plus he has 500-plus rushing yards and say 4-5 rushing TDs, he is going way too late for those numbers in drafts.

With kickers I usually like to take dome kickers if I can, ideally on teams with old school coaches who don't like to go for it on 4th down as much, although there is clearly nothing wrong with taking Gano. He is obviously great.
agreed, reason I wanted DJ.

I like to take kickers with high scoring offenses, domes are a plus, but generally a great/reliable kicker will nail it no matter.

Thanks again & GL in your draft!