News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Is Saquon Barkley a Mudder?

Started by Ed Vette, September 10, 2023, 07:10:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed Vette

As long as there isn't lightning, there shouldn't be any delays but it looks to be a sloppy game. Hope for clean snaps and tight grips.
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

MightyGiants

Here is the hourly forecast for the game

8:00 pm   Thunderstorms   73 °F   64 %   0.02 in
9:00 pm   Thunderstorms   73 °F   64 %   0.01 in   
10:00 pm Thunderstorms   72 °F   63 %   0.02 in   
11:00 pm Showers   71 °F   49 %   0.02 in   
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Ed Vette

Looks like the second half is worse. Important to get off to a good start.
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

DaveBrown74

Data suggests that rain has a moderately negative impact on the passing game, and a marginally positive impact on the run game. On balance, net net, rain usually leads to less overall offense. Clearly the severity of the rain impacts the severity of the impact.

I am kind of stabbing in the dark a little here, but I would guess that, on balance, the bad weather is good for the Giants. A few thoughts:

(1) We have, in my opinion at least, the better coaching staff, so any sort of wildcard situation (ie the elements) should be to our advantage given our coaching staff will be sharper at dealing with these things both with the gameplan and in real time.

(2) I don't have any data for this statement so I could be wrong, but my guess is that being the road team is an even bigger disadvantage in very tough weather. It's enough to deal with the slippery ball, slippery jerseys (on tackles), and wet ground. Throw in crowd noise and the other factors of being on the road and you would think all of the above is even harder to deal with.

(3) Since the Cowboys have a retractable dome stadium they don't have to deal with rain and elements as much as the Giants do. So the Giants are already more experienced in all of this than they are.

So net net across the board, while I sort of wish the weather were better as it makes for better aesthetics for the TV viewer, if it's as bad as it looks like it's going to be, at the very least I don't think it will hurt us, and I think it actually may help us.

MightyGiants

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Bob In PA

First real game without our reliable weatherman JimV (may he rest in peace). Bob
If Jeff Hostetler could do it, Daniel Jones can do it !!!

Ed Vette

Quote from: Bob In PA on September 10, 2023, 09:07:49 AMFirst real game without our reliable weatherman JimV (may he rest in peace). Bob
Maybe it's Jim sending a message. Throw those lightning bolts at the Boys.
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

MightyGiants

There could be a T-storm delay.   Such a delay would favor the better coaching staff as it gives them some time to make more adjustments
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Jclayton92

Quote from: Ed Vette on September 10, 2023, 07:10:33 AMAs long as there isn't lightning, there shouldn't be any delays but it looks to be a sloppy game. Hope for clean snaps and tight grips.
Wonder if Gray would be the down in the mud back.

Also curious if JMS' snaps have any bearing in bad weather.

Ed Vette

Quote from: Jclayton92 on September 10, 2023, 09:51:20 AMWonder if Gray would be the down in the mud back.

Also curious if JMS' snaps have any bearing in bad weather.
No wind to speak of. IDK
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

Trench

Quote from: Ed Vette on September 10, 2023, 07:10:33 AMAs long as there isn't lightning, there shouldn't be any delays but it looks to be a sloppy game. Hope for clean snaps and tight grips.

Huge key to the game now with this being said is Schmitz!